Duration of surgery
Duration of hospitalization
Length of stay in hotel
Arms can be one of the most complex areas to keep tight and toned. Diet or activities can build muscle and reduce fat. However, genetics, weight loss, and aging can still cause us to have loose arm skin. Even after significant weight loss, the arms often don’t return to their original shape. When the skin stretches to accommodate excess fat, it loses its elasticity and often remains loose even after weight loss. Our skin also loses elasticity and stretches as we age, which often results in sagging that affects the fit of clothes and our self-confidence.
The process of removing excess fat and skin on the arms is called arm lift. This procedure provides a younger and more aesthetic appearance. Our arms expose to the effects of years, increased volume, and loss of skin elasticity; they cause significant discomfort by creating an unpleasant impression on this very active part of our body. The greater the magnitude of accumulated fat, the greater the lowering and looseness of the skin. This, in turn, significantly changes the contour of the arm relative to the rest of the body. This surgical procedure aims to remove excess skin and fatty tissue with an incision on the arm’s inner side and to provide a more harmonious and youthful appearance.
Massive weight loss after obesity surgery often leaves patients unsatisfied with loose skin on the abdomen and their arms or thighs. Various body surgeries, along with obesity surgery, have the potential to significantly improve or improve patients’ body image and quality of life. The arm lift is a procedure that removes loose skin and excess tissue from the upper arms for a more symmetrical and natural appearance. It is worth noting that the arm lift procedure is considered a minor surgery with a low complication rate and has no effect on the arms’ long-term function and range of motion. Saggy, flabby, and loose skin on the upper arms often results from excellent weight loss or age and, therefore, gravity, which tends to leave inappropriate marks on our bodies.
Arm lifts in Turkey perform when you can detect excess skin in the upper arms, and you cannot achieve a cosmetic improvement with traditional liposuction. In aesthetic arm surgery, excess skin is cut and stitched together. This also means that the biggest drawback of such surgery is that it will undeniably leave scars after the surgery is over. However, from time to time, our surgeon will try to place the incision in less visible areas of the body or cover the scar with clothing.
In the arm lift procedure, just like in the thigh, buttock, or Tummy Tuck process, if you want to achieve smoother and tighter skin during surgery, you should consider and balance whether you can accept the scar that comes with it.
It tells you how large such a scar will be during your consultation with our surgeon. But as a rule, you can say that the looser your skin, the bigger the scar afterward.
The arm lift procedure in Turkey performs with a sinus-shaped incision extending from the elbow to the armpit. Depending on your anatomy and the amount of slack, the surgeon makes this incision through the arm or back. Of course, permanent scarring on both arms is an inevitable consequence of an effective arm lift procedure. Of course, it will be confidential. But the reward is the sturdy and beautifully formed upper arms.
What is an Arm Lift?
Arm lift involves removing excess or loose skin and fat from the upper arms to strengthen and improve their appearance. Women, in particular, tend to suffer from what is commonly called bingo wings, where the upper arms store excess fat and appear disproportionately large compared to the rest of the body.
We understand that feeling self-conscious about your arms can keep you from enjoying certain aspects of your life. That exercise can strengthen and improve muscle tone in the upper arm but cannot treat excess skin that has lost its elasticity and still looks soft.
If the lower parts of your upper arms are drooping due to aging or significant weight loss, you may benefit from arm lift surgery in Turkey. Our expert surgeons will talk to you in detail about this procedure during a free consultation at one of our clinics in Turkey.
Why Should Arm Lift Be Done?
As you get older, excessive weight gain, genetic problems, and sudden arm sagging may occur in various situations. This problem may be very advanced in some people, while in others, this problem is just out of proportion.
The sagging skin of your arms prevents you from even wearing clothes comfortably. In this way, you will have to have an arm lift procedure due to loss of self-confidence. Many want to benefit significantly from this procedure to eliminate such psychological problems. In addition, after this plastic surgery, your social life will be affected in a very positive way.
However, if you want to eliminate problems such as irritation, high sweating, imbalance, and friction, you should take advantage of this procedure. The fact that it provides many benefits in the process and that you can regain your social activities in a short time is an important indicator that you should consider the procedure. If you have a problem with slackness in your arms, negativities may arise in your social life.
After the arm lift procedure, you will have a much more aesthetic and pure appearance. Your aesthetic appearance will reflect on your whole body, and the formation of a perfect proportion will increase your satisfaction.
Sagging problems in your arms can cause many different issues, such as friction, asymmetry, and irritation. All these problems will cause excessive sweating. You should apply the arm lift procedure to eliminate adverse issues such as sweating. The positive effects this procedure will offer you in a single session will contribute to your satisfaction and not problems. In addition to such issues, you will also have some hygiene problems if you have sagging skin on your arm.
It is also possible to eliminate hygiene, health, and various problems with the arm lift procedure in Turkey. While this procedure eliminates your hygiene and health problems, it also gives you an aesthetic appearance in a short time.
You can also combine the arm lift procedure with other aesthetic procedures. With other aesthetic procedures, you can get maximum efficiency from the operation, and your whole body will have an aesthetic proportion.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for Arm Lift?
If you have loose skin on your upper arm, an arm lift in Turkey can help you with this. The arm lift does after weight loss, but genetics also play a role. Elastin is a protein that allows the skin to regain its original shape after stretching. Reduced amounts of elastin can genetically predispose skin to sag. Collagen is the essential structural protein of our skin. The thinning of the collagen fibers in the skin reduces its strength and allows it to stretch more easily. The more elastin and collagen you have, the fewer wrinkles you will have. While we cannot (yet) change our genes, good genes result in higher amounts of quality elastin and collagen proteins in the skin. This means smooth, firm, elastic skin that retains its shape.
But even good genes are affected by age and behavior. As we age, we gradually lose elastin along with collagen. Sun exposure damages genes that contain the program to protect our skin. Sun exposure leads to firmer, less elastic skin, and overexposure can cause dermal skin, sun damage, and skin cancer. Smoking also attacks good genes, causing skin thinning, stretching, and wrinkling, not just on the arms. Weight gain and loss hurts the skin, dissolves our elastin springs, and overstretches our collagen fibers. For all these problems, the arm lift works perfectly.
Two groups can benefit from the arm lift procedure in Turkey. Due to a significant weight loss or simply age, individuals who develop very loose skin on the upper arms, mainly localized on the inner and lower sides of the upper arms, are ideal candidates for an arm lift.
In those who have achieved significant weight loss, the problem of an unsightly upper arm may be particularly prominent and a combination of too much skin and too much-localized fat. Many people are upset about the issue.
This is partly because it isn’t easy to surgically achieve an utterly natural arm contour and partly due to the inevitable scars that come with it when liposuction alone isn’t enough. A well-done arm lift is a grateful surgery because it can be a solution to a very annoying, glaring problem.
A good candidate for an arm lift in Turkey is usually someone who experiences massive weight loss in a short period, resulting in significantly loose skin on the upper arms. You also need to be in good general health to avoid complications and problems with recovery in the postoperative period. As with all cosmetic surgeries, the arm lift candidate should pay attention to inevitably leaving a permanent scar on the back of the arm where the vertical incisions make.
Finally, you should consult with the surgeon so that our surgeon can accurately assess your arm lift needs.
Arm Lift Consultation
At this stage, you will receive advice from our plastic surgeon, who will assess your needs and tell you all about the risks and possible complications. For example, patients who have had a mastectomy should not have an arm lift, and if you have phlebitis (inflamed blood vessels) in one of your legs, you are unsuitable for thigh surgery. Our plastic surgeon will evaluate your anatomy according to your wishes and priorities and prepare a comprehensive body profile.
During your first arm lift consultation, our doctor will listen to you, take the time to learn about your motivations, and ask you questions to build your complete medical history. The surgeon will use these to identify a possible contraindication or to remember more about the causes of your sagging skin. Then our specialist will examine you and explain the whole procedure to you. The specialist will give you more information about anesthesia and hospitalization methods, preparation, postoperative period, and expected results.
Finally, it will provide you with a complete and detailed estimate of the total cost of the intervention. Take advantage of this initial consultation to ask your doctor all your questions. We recommend you prepare a list so you don’t forget any details.
What are the Arm Lift Risks?
The arm lift is a relatively simple operation, and in experienced hands, it is an operation with minimal risk of permanent damage in healthy, ordinary-weight people. Common surgical complications such as bleeding and inflammation are rare. When it comes to considerable skin shrinkage, a thick layer of fat, and smoking, you should take care against the risk of decay of the fatty tissue under the stretched skin. This can cause ulcers at the skin edges. These usually get better on their own. However, it may take several weeks and require the scars to be corrected later. You can minimize the risk by carefully following the instructions given by our doctor before and after the arm lift in Turkey.
It is common to initially decrease the sense of touch in the skin on the inside of the upper arms, and some people may experience a permanent reduction after the upper arm lift procedure. There will probably be bruises on the skin for the first few weeks. The result of the upper arm lifts scars. It is essential to understand that even if scars place as discreetly as possible, they will appear in certain positions. It’s also important to accept that the sores will take at least six months to soften, fade, and blend into the surrounding pale underarm skin. How extensive the scars will be is very individual. However, our experienced plastic surgeon will make every effort to make them as discreet as possible. The most important thing is to avoid smoking in the first months, then use a plaster cast, possibly silicone and compression. An arm lift can pose many different levels and frequencies of risks, including:
- Fibrous tissue formation: Arm lift incision scars are permanent. However, it will be somewhere in areas you can’t easily see. Rarely can the incisions cause red, raised spots. You may use corticosteroid injections or other treatments to improve the appearance of scars.
- Arm-shaped asymmetry: This can occur due to changes in the healing process. Also, although the surgeon tries to make the arms as symmetrical as possible, there is no such thing as perfect symmetry.
- Skin changes feel: Repositioning arm tissues during arm lift can affect superficial sensory nerves. You may feel temporary numbness.
- Stitching problems: The stitches used to fix the new shape of the arm may run against the surface of the skin and need to remove. This can lead to inflammation of the problematic skin. As a result, additional surgery may require.
- As with other types of major surgery, arm lifts risk bleeding, infection, and side effects from anesthesia. The arm lift isn’t for everyone.
How to prepare for the Arm Lift Procedure?
To prepare for arm lift surgery in Turkey, you should follow some essential pre-operative instructions:
- Have a healthy lifestyle. Regular exercise, a balanced diet, and plenty of fluids will strengthen your body, and the healing process will be faster.
- Avoid using tobacco products and consuming alcohol at least two weeks before the arm lift.
- To avoid complications, stop taking aspirin, ibuprofen, anti-inflammatory drugs, and other blood thinners unless the surgeon recommends otherwise.
- Tell your surgeon about your allergies, previous surgeries, and daily medications. You should inform your surgeon if you have existing diseases requiring daily medication. Follow your specific pre-operative instructions from the surgeon, as this may vary depending on your personal medical history.
- The surgeon performs a physical exam. Your doctor will examine the lower area of your upper arms to determine treatment options.
- Analyze your expectations. Explain why you want to be an arm lift and what you want in terms of post-processing appearance. Ensure you understand the benefits and risks, including the scars left behind.
- If you smoke, quit. Smoking drastically reduces blood flow to the skin and thus can seriously slow down the healing process. If you smoke, your doctor recommends that you stop before arm lift surgery and during your recovery. Some doctors won’t do the surgery because the risk of complications is higher if you continue to smoke.
What is the Arm Lift procedure?
The arm lift procedure in Turkey is relatively safe, fast, and effective. Take a closer look at the arm lift procedure steps in Turkey:
Our surgeons will recommend general anesthesia for our procedure. So you will pass the method without pain and aches.
- Incision and process
The surgeon removes excess skin and fatty tissue from your upper arms during the surgery. Thus, the surgeon lifts the skin and subcutaneous tissue towards the armpit. An aesthetic arm contour recreates.
The surgeon alone makes a single 2-3 mm incision on each arm. If an arm lift is required, the surgeon will hide your scars under the armpit as much as possible. But with a large amount of loose skin, the wounds can be secretly on the inside, almost up to the elbows.
Finally, the specialist sews the skin with inner threads that leave as few stitch marks as possible. If an arm lift performs, a suction drain (a small plastic tube) is required to remove the leaking fluid and blood. The specialist clears the drains, usually the next day. The dressing applies with plaster and elastic compressive bandage from hand to armpit.
What are the Arm Lift Advantages?
Take a closer look at the advantages of arm lifts in Turkey:
- You will achieve the aesthetic and naive appearance you desire with the arm lift procedure in Turkey. This will make your social life much easier.
- It is possible to move more comfortably right after the procedure.
- With the arm lift, our surgeon can give a favorable aesthetic result to your body and your breasts.
- After the procedure, you will now be able to wear the clothes you want.
- Arm lift is a wholly reliable and positive practice in Turkey.
- It is also possible to combine this procedure with other operations. Thus, your whole body will regain its aesthetic appearance in a short time. With the integrated aesthetic system, your healing process is also positively affected.
- You will prevent hygiene problems from rubbing your arm against your body.
- Your problems, such as friction, hygiene, and sweating, will be eliminated.
It will be advantageous to have such significant advantages in the arm lift procedure in Turkey. The benefits of the process to your social life will lead you to relax and lead a much more comfortable life.
How is the recovery After Arm Lift?
Before discharge, you will meet with our plastic surgeon. Thus, you will be informed about the precautions to take in the postoperative period. Immediately after the procedure, you will receive written information material to take home to make you feel comfortable. We’re always there for you so you can get answers to your questions or request an extra check:
- Recovery after an arm lift requires time and patience to be successful. Essential recovery after surgery usually takes up to two weeks. During this time, it is important not to raise your arms above shoulder level, and avoid strenuous exercise or heavy lifting, so as not to hinder the healing process. It may take approximately six weeks for a patient to resume regular physical activity.
- It would be best if you didn’t lie in bed after discharge. Getting some movement around is essential to prevent blood clots and overall health. It is normal to feel tired after surgery, so you should rest if necessary.
- It is crucial to keep the incision sites clean and tidy. For the first few days after the arm lift, patients are encouraged to shower, maintain personal hygiene, and follow the doctor’s recommendations.
- In the first week, after an arm lift, short walks, etc., several times a day. It recommends being a little active by doing this. Light physical activities significantly positively affect blood circulation and support healing.
- Patients are strongly warned not to consume alcohol or use tobacco products, especially when taking any prescription medication after an arm lift, as this can cause toxic side effects and complications.
- After surgery, patients expect to experience mild to moderate pain that they can manage with prescription medications for up to 7 days. During this time, you should avoid even gentle strenuous activities that involve the upper body and can put pressure on the incision sites.
- After the stitches and dressings remove, wearing compression sleeves is still necessary, which helps speed wound healing.
- Arm lift scars are visible in the first few months after surgery, and the wounds gradually turn into fine lines. If abnormal scar formation occurs contrary to expectations, this can be corrected with an additional surgical procedure if necessary.
- Bruising and swelling of the upper arm may be present for up to 4-6 weeks as a clinical manifestation of a local inflammatory response to surgery. If it persists beyond this time, you should consult a doctor. It would be best to look for signs of infection, such as redness, heat, and oozing from the scars. In such a case, you should contact our surgeon.
- The operation will leave visible scars. There is a risk of increasing scar width in this operation. Most people find that scars fade over time and become truly beautiful. It may take up to a year for the spots to disappear. In rare cases, the operation may affect the lymph channels, causing temporary or permanent problems with swelling in the arm. Any action will affect the sense of touch.
- For this reason, you will experience numbness in a larger or smaller skin area after the arm lift operation. You may experience various sensory disturbances, such as stinging and tingling in the scars months after the surgery, but this will gradually disappear once the usual sense of touch restores. There may be more minor areas of permanent sensory loss.
What Do You Expect From Arm Lift Results?
After a few days, you will be able to appreciate the arm lift result in Turkey. However, the arm contour and skin tightening outcome can only be evaluated after a few months when the swelling has completely disappeared. As we mentioned, you need to be patient for more than a year before you can see the scars begin to fade and soften.
Arm lift in Turkey will make it easier for you to choose clothes and show off in summer clothes. Most patients report an increased quality of life and greater bodily freedom. The result is permanent in the sense that the removed skin and fat don’t come back.
How much does an Arm Lift costs?
Arm lift costs in Turkey are always determined individually. The exact amount for arm lift prices in Turkey depends on the patient’s wishes, the state of health, and the magnitude of upcoming improvements.
Arm lift cost is determined individually and depends on many factors. We recommend signing up for a consultation to assess the procedure’s cost. You can call us right away. Thus, our experts will give you all the valuable information about the process.