Duration of surgery
Duration of hospitalization
Length of stay in hotel
Improve our appearance with axillary breast surgery. Recently, progress in medical procedures has brought new opportunities to improve our lives significantly. One of these procedures that has attracted attention is axillary breast surgery. This transformative surgery has allowed people to regain self-confidence and improve their appearance. Especially in Turkey, this breast surgery has been popular due to its experienced surgeons, excellent healthcare facilities, and affordable prices.
Axillary breast surgery in Turkey is a unique surgical procedure in which surgeons remove excess tissue through an incision in the armpit. In this surgical method, our specialists have the advantage of leaving no scars on the breasts as they hide the incision in the natural folds of the armpit. Ideal candidates for axillary breast surgery in Turkey are those in good general health and have realistic expectations about the surgery results.
You may be wondering why the trend of axillary breast surgery in Turkey is rising. Several factors make Turkey an attractive destination for this procedure. Our medical facilities in Turkey have high standards of care. Our surgeons are well-trained and have extensive experience in various cosmetic procedures. Our specialists keep up-to-date with the latest surgical techniques, resulting in successful surgical outcomes and high patient satisfaction. The cost of axillary breast surgery in Turkey is meager compared to other countries. This affordable price is due to Turkey’s low operating and living costs, without compromising the quality of care.
Before axillary breast surgery in Turkey, you must have a detailed consultation with our surgeons. During this session, our surgeons will evaluate your medical history, discuss your expectations and explain the procedure in detail.
Axillary breast surgery begins with surgeons making a small incision in the armpit. Through this incision, specialists work behind the breast tissue or under the pectoral muscle to correct the problem. Once the specialists have done it correctly, they suture and bandage the incision. It is perfectly normal to experience some pain, swelling, and discomfort after axillary breast surgery.
However, you will manage these symptoms with pain medication prescribed by our specialists. You will usually return to your routines within a week, but you should avoid strenuous activities for at least a month. Axillary breast surgery in Turkey is a transformative procedure that will improve your physical appearance and boost your self-confidence.
What is Axillary Breast Surgery?
Axillary breast surgery is a procedure surgeons use to remove ectopic or accessory breast tissue that occurs when breast tissue grows in an unusual location. This is usually in the axilla or armpit area. This is why we refer to it as axillary breast surgery.
This ectopic breast tissue increases in size with hormonal changes, such as the menstrual cycle or pregnancy, and causes discomfort and even pain. Some people also want surgeons to remove it for cosmetic reasons. During the procedure, surgeons make a small incision in the armpit area and remove the ectopic breast tissue through this incision.
Depending on the size and extent of the tissue, surgeons perform this procedure under local or general anesthesia. As with any surgical procedure, there may be infection, scarring, and sensory changes in the problem area afterward. Recovery involves rest and sometimes physical therapy to regain the full range of motion in the arm. However, remember that the specific procedure and approach may vary depending on your condition.
After axillary breast surgery, our surgeons usually place a drain to remove any fluid collected at the surgical site. Specialists leave this drain a few days to a week after surgery. The doctors will give you specific instructions on how to care for the gutter and the surgical site. Swelling and bruising at the surgical site are standard for the first few weeks. It would be best if you kept your arm as elevated as possible. Ice packs help with swelling, but always follow our surgeons’ instructions.
Who are Ideal Candidates for Axillary Breast Surgery?
Specialists in Turkey perform axillary breast surgery, or surgery to remove breast tissue from the armpit, in women who typically have one of several conditions:
- Axillary breast tissue: Some women naturally have extra breast tissue in their armpits. This causes discomfort, aesthetic concerns, or difficulties with the proper clothing fit.
- Breast cancer: Women with breast cancer that has spread to the lymph nodes in the armpit also need this surgery. The procedure will be part of a lumpectomy, mastectomy, or sentinel lymph node biopsy.
- Axillary hyperhidrosis: In some cases, surgeons resort to this procedure to help manage axillary hyperhidrosis, a condition characterized by excessive sweating.
- Accessory breasts or polymastia: This is a condition where an individual has more than the average number of breasts. These occur anywhere along the milk line, from the armpit to the groin.
Apart from these problems, some people may also resort to this procedure. Take a look at the ideal candidates for axillary breast surgery in Turkey:
- Those who are generally in good health and have no medical conditions that could impair recovery or increase the risks of surgery
- Those who are disturbed by the appearance of the axillary region due to extra breast tissue
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding
Anyone considering axillary breast surgery should consult our surgeons to discuss their options, potential benefits, and risks. This surgery is a personal decision and should consider carefully.
What to Expect at the Axillary Breast Surgery Consultation?
In the axillary breast surgery consultation, you must meet with our surgeons. This stage will help you a lot to achieve the results you want. During this consultation, you will have the opportunity to explain your purpose and expectations from the surgery. In addition, the surgeons will realistically explain and present the success you will achieve from the operation, the treatment plan, and the method they recommend.
In this consultation, you will provide a detailed history of your medical history, past surgeries or illnesses, and current use of medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, smoking, narcotics, and steroids.
The following important issue is a family history of breast cancer, which your doctor will ask you about. You should send the results of your breast ultrasound or past biopsies to the doctors so that they can perform the necessary examinations. Your doctor may prescribe a new mammogram and ultrasound, depending on your physical condition.
Our surgeons will examine your breasts in general. They will also make a detailed assessment of your breasts, such as the quality of the skin and breast tissue and the position of the areola and nipples. The specialists will also consult and discuss the incision they will be making.
The doctors will then advise you on the necessary preparations, such as eating, drinking, and taking medication and vitamins before surgery. It would be best to not smoke for at least one month before and up to one month after surgery.
Remember that the consultation is also a chance to evaluate the surgeon. You should feel comfortable with their experience level, communication style, and overall feel you get from their office.
What are the Risks of Axillary Breast Surgery?
Axillary breast surgery is a procedure in which surgeons remove extra breast tissue in the armpit area. Like all surgeries, this surgery has some risks. Check out the risks of axillary breast surgery in Turkey:
- Infection is a prevalent risk associated with almost all surgical procedures. Usually, specialists manage this with antibiotics. However, severe cases require further intervention.
- In some cases, a hematoma (a collection of blood) may form. This also requires specialist intervention.
- There will be a scar after the surgical procedure, and although it will disappear over time, it will still be visible. Some people tend to develop keloid or hypertrophic scars. This is also bulky and ugly.
- There will be sensory changes or numbness in the area where the surgeons have performed the procedure. This is usually temporary, but it can be permanent in sporadic cases.
- A seroma problem may occur. This is a collection of serous fluid in a pocket under the skin.
- There are also potential risks associated with anesthesia, including allergic reactions and breathing problems.
- Even after specialists have successfully performed the procedure, there is a possibility that accessory breast tissue may regrow and require further treatment.
- Our armpits are a sensitive area and very important for arm movement. Post-operative swelling, pain, or stiffness can temporarily affect the arm’s mobility and range of motion on the side of the surgery.
- Changes in the body, possible complications, and recovery can have psychological effects such as anxiety or depression.
- For women who undergo this procedure before having children, there may be potential problems with breastfeeding if the tissue that specialists will remove contains functioning mammary gland tissue.
- In some cases, surgery can lead to asymmetry between both armpits. Additional corrective procedures are required to restore symmetry.
How Do You Prepare for the Axillary Breast Procedure?
Making special preparations and precautions for favorable conditions for axillary breast surgery in Turkey would be best. You must do the procedures before the procedure, then follow the surgeons’ tips and instructions. These will ensure that your surgical process goes the best way and that you get the ideal result from the operation. Check out the preparation process before axillary breast surgery in Turkey:
- It would be best to bathe the night before the operation.
- Overweight people should lose weight before the procedure.
- It would be best to avoid smoking and alcoholic beverages for at least one month before the procedure.
- It would be best to stop taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and vitamin E medications.
- Don’t eat at least 8 hours before the procedure.
- Prepare appropriate clothing and environment for axillary breast surgery aftercare.
- One of the precautions you should take before the procedure is to perform a series of tests. So that the surgeons can ensure no complications or particular problems, this may include blood tests, including blood cell count, LDL, HDL, and blood sugar. If necessary, a pregnancy test is also essential. Before the surgery, our surgeons will talk to you to calm your mood and ease your concerns.
Axillary Breast Surgery in Turkey: Procedure Steps
Axillary breast tissue, also known as ectopic breast tissue, is breast tissue that grows outside the normal breast area, usually in the armpit. Candidates typically choose to have this tissue removed for cosmetic reasons. However, experts also refer to the procedure because it causes discomfort or pain, especially during menstruation or pregnancy. Remember that each surgical procedure is unique and depends on the situation and the surgeon’s technique. Check out the steps of axillary breast surgery in Turkey:
Before the procedure, the surgeon will explain the process and its risks, as mentioned above. At this stage, you will discuss anesthesia. You will then decide on the type of anesthesia. Depending on the case’s specifics, this can be local or general. Our anesthesiologist will monitor the patient’s vital signs throughout the procedure.
- Marking the area
After anesthesia, the surgeon will typically mark the area of excess tissue to remove. Our specialists will usually do this while you are still awake.
Our surgeons make an incision in the marked area. The size and location of the incision depend on the amount of tissue the surgeons will remove.
- Tissue removal
Our surgeons carefully remove excess breast tissue using surgical instruments. They can also remove related structures, such as ducts or a small part of the skin, if necessary. They use a liposuction technique, especially if the tissue is fatty.
Our specialists control any bleeding in the area. This includes cauterization (using heat to close blood vessels), suturing blood vessels (stitching), or other techniques.
After the specialists have removed all the excess tissue and controlled the bleeding, they close the incision with stitches. Depending on the case, they will place a drain to help remove excess fluid after surgery.
As the anesthesia wears off, you will move to the recovery area, where specialists will monitor you. They will give you specific instructions about wound care and signs of potential complications.
Recovery Process After Axillary Breast Surgery
Everyone’s body is unique, and the recovery time will be different. Several factors can affect the recovery time, such as the type of procedure, the location of the incision, and even the doctor’s surgical skill. On average, complete recovery usually takes about four to six weeks. Avoiding physical activity, lifting heavy objects, and overworking during this delicate period is crucial. After the procedure, you may experience pain, fatigue, nausea, tightness, and increased or loss of breast tenderness. You may also notice swelling and bruising, which will disappear over time. After the operation, you must rest in the recovery room for a few hours to allow the anesthesia to wear off completely.
Ask a trusted family member or friend to help and care for you for a few days after the operation. We, therefore, recommend that you take painkillers such as paracetamol as prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor will also give you muscle relaxants to help you feel more comfortable. Check out the recovery process after axillary breast surgery in Turkey in general:
- For most patients, any swelling will go down three weeks after surgery. However, it is normal to experience some swelling for the first three months. You must follow post-operative recommendations such as massaging the breast tissue to reduce swelling after surgery.
- Place a cold compress around the problem area. Sleep in an upright position to avoid possible fluid buildup.
- Drink plenty of water and eat nutritious foods to help your body heal faster.
- You will feel some pain in the first few days after surgery. This is entirely normal and will lessen and eventually disappear over time. Medicines will help with this problem.
- Driving should be avoided for a week after surgery, as your mobility and reaction time will be affected. If you take strong painkillers, you should avoid driving long distances for the first few weeks. These medications can make you tired and impair your reflexes.
- After the first week, you should gradually return to light exercise and a regular daily routine. In addition, most women can return to desk work about a week after surgery. However, it would be best to avoid strenuous activities such as lifting your arms, which can cause irritation and bleeding. Also, avoid vigorous or strenuous activities such as running, horseback riding, lifting heavy objects, or strenuous exercises until you fully recover.
- Doctors advise that patients with busy jobs should rest until they recover.
- You should keep any scar away from direct sunlight and artificial ultraviolet rays for about a year. This is because the skin in this area is much thinner and prone to irritation. Doctors recommend using SPF 50 sunscreen when exposed to the sun.
- After surgery, specialists cover the scar with a dressing. Keeping the sauce dry for the first 48 hours and closing the spot for 7-10 days is wise.
- We recommend washing your hair as little as possible, as lifting the arms too much can be difficult and uncomfortable after surgery.
- Visit as needed and follow the healing process according to the advice of our surgeons. You should also have an MRI scan three years after surgery and every two years to check the procedure’s status.
When Will You See the Results of the Axillary Breast Surgery?
The timing of axillary breast surgery results in Turkey varies greatly depending on several factors. For example, the individual recovery process is essential. This is unique to each person and affects the time it takes to see the final results of the surgery. Some patients recover very quickly, while others take longer to recover. Surgical technique is also crucial for the results. The specific surgical approach used by specialists affects the timeline of results. Some methods produce results faster than others.
Post-operative care and complications affect the results. Proper post-operative care helps you get the best possible results. In contrast, complications such as infection, hematoma, or seroma delay healing and prolong the time it takes to see the final result.
You may notice immediate changes after the procedure, such as reduced axillary breast size. However, swelling and bruising are common postoperative effects that can hide the final results. It usually takes several weeks to months for these to subside and for the surgical site to heal completely.
Therefore, you may not see the final result until this healing process is complete. It is always best to discuss expectations regarding recovery time and the timeline for results with your surgeon before surgery, as they will provide the most accurate and personalized advice.
How Much Does Axillary Breast Surgery Cost?
Axillary breast surgery cost in Turkey varies according to many factors. The price of axillary breast surgery in Turkey differs significantly by country and even by different cities or regions within a country.
Also, the type of medical facility where specialists will perform the surgery affects the cost. Hospitals usually tend to be more expensive than outpatient clinics. The type of anesthesia surgeons prefer during the procedure, and preoperative assessments also affect the overall cost.
Considering these variables, the cost of axillary breast surgery in Turkey varies according to different circumstances. To get an accurate cost estimate based on your specific situation, you should contact our agency iMed Medical. Our agency will provide you with the most appropriate and high-quality service.
We look forward to seeing you!