Duration of surgery
Duration of hospitalization
Length of stay in hotel
Your eyes are essential for your appearance. The area around your eyes comprises a skinny, thin layer of skin with more sensory nerves than most other places in the body. Under the skin is a lean muscle. With increasing age, most people tend to have excess skin on their upper eyelids and bags on their lower eyelids. Eyelid correction is among men’s and women’s most common aesthetic procedures. The loosened skin removes, resulting in a fresher and younger appearance. The area around your eyes comprises a fragile layer of skin with more sensory nerves than most other places in the body.
There is a thin musculature under the skin. The eyes have small muscles that raise and lower the eyelids. A muscle layer around the eyeball helps open, close, or compress the eye. The eyeball is well protected by a layer of fat surrounded by thin barriers. Outside the fat layer are the muscles of the upper and lower eyelids, respectively.
Over time, the skin loses some of its elasticity. This can lead to heavy, droopy eyelids or under eye bags and excess skin, fat, and muscle that can give a tired appearance. There is a big difference in how much fat appears above and below the eyes of each individual.
However, a few things can cause heavy eyelids. It may be congenital due to low set eyebrows. But it develops over the years due to excess skin, muscle, and fat. In most cases, this condition causes by a combination of loose skin on the eyelids and drooping eyebrows. In severe cases, the skin folds on the eyelids may become large enough to cover the eye. This can cause narrowing of the field of view, burning red eyes, and headaches. There is also one more problem!
The small muscles around the eyes may also become more relaxed. This means that the thin fatty tissue behind the eyelids can protrude through obstructions and stand out clearly. Often referred to as under-eye bags.
With eyelid correction in Turkey, you can remove excess skin and tighten muscles and small fat protrusions on the eyelids. The surgeon can do the interventions on the lower and upper eyelids separately, or it is possible to combine the two interventions. Our experienced surgeons in our company give you an aesthetic appearance with the eyelid correction procedure.
What is Eyelid Correction?
Eyelid correction is a very effective method that repairs and corrects problems in the eyelids. This procedure gives you an aesthetic appearance and raises your self-confidence.
In the face area, your eyes are the part everyone looks at first. Due to many problems such as environmental conditions, genetics, and aging, your upper and lower eyelids loosen to a large extent. This can cause swelling or sagging on your skin. Eyelid correction has undergone several changes recently, and new surgical techniques have evolved tremendously.
Who are Ideal Candidates for Eyelid Correction?
Anyone who has completed their development can have this aesthetic. Suppose you have problems such as a tired appearance around your eyes, heavy and drooping eyelids, under eye bags, or narrowing the visual field. In that case, you may be an ideal candidate for eyelid correction in Turkey. In addition, if you have burning and headaches in your eyes due to the heavy eyelids, you can also apply the eyelid correction procedure. Thus, you can make your eyelids look aesthetically pleasing.
Eyelid correction is for men and women of all ages who want to change the lower and upper eyelids. Their cravings are sometimes caused by discomfort from excess skin or an ocular pathology such as entropion. But it can also be motivated by a desire to change the appearance or erase signs of aging like dark circles or drooping eyelids. However, we should not forget that it is a surgical procedure that isn’t without risk and, therefore, may contraindicate in humans:
- Suffers from dry eye disease
- Suffer from untreated glaucoma
- Having corneal ulcer or conjunctivitis
- One-eyed vision (monophthalmia)
- Having had cosmetic injections on the eyelids
These contraindications aim to avoid the risk of operative complications, which can be much more severe than the ocular pathology or initial discomfort. You should also consider this procedure if you have the following problems:
- The upper eyelid is drooping and heavy
- Excessive fat has accumulated in the inner corner of the eye
- Wrinkled lower eyelid
- Excess skin revealed
- Fat pockets have formed on the lower and upper eyelids
Eyelid correction intervention changes the appearance and, therefore, the appearance of the face. Corrects sagging skin around the eyes and eyelids. Swelling and dark circles may consequently become less visible.
What Can You Expect at the Eyelid Correction Consultation?
You will first consult with our surgeon for eyelid correction in Turkey. Not everyone will benefit from eyelid correction, and the doctor will guide you during the preliminary examination. We recommend that you take notes so that you don’t forget to ask your questions before the initial review. During the consultation, you discuss your wishes, and our surgeon will listen to you carefully.
Our doctor will explain to you what options are available, and you will decide if eyelid correction is proper for you. The surgeon will inform you about the procedure, its course, and possible side effects and complications. The result of eyelid correction in Turkey isn’t permanent. The body’s natural aging processes continue and eventually change the outcome. How fast the body ages is individual and depends on many different factors. But as a starting point, you can count on results that will last for many years.
What are the Risks of Eyelid Correction?
Eyelid correction is associated with risks as well as opportunities. Anesthesia, swelling, or excessive scarring can cause the eyelids not to close correctly. With conservative measures (lifting the head, cooling, lymphatic drainage), tissue tension reduce. Tissue irritation when lifting or disinfecting the eyelids can cause connective tissue swelling. Rest and cooling usually minimize swelling. Concomitant medication may be required. Corneal irritation from disinfectants may cause temporary visual impairment. In the unexpected and rare case of bleeding behind the eyeball within the first few hours, the optic nerve should be surgically relieved immediately. Recovery after eyelid correction takes six to twelve months.
The scars are generally pale, soft, painless, and flatten after a year. Lateral differences in every person may also cause slightly different scars or wrinkles on the skin after eyelid correction. A lesion of the lacrimal gland or a change in the closure of the eyelids can cause impaired tear flow or dry eyes. Eyelid correction is one of the world’s five most common cosmetic surgery procedures. Take a look at the risks of eyelid correction in general:
- Bleeding: An incredibly blue and swollen eye after eyelid correction surgery is a sign of post-bleeding. This usually doesn’t spoil the permanent result but prolongs the time until the eye area regains a natural appearance. In sporadic cases, there may be bleeding that requires surgical intervention. However, this always occurs right after the surgery while you are still in the clinic.
- Infection: Infection can occur in all surgeries. Although extremely rare in conjunction with eyelid correction, it can worsen scarring. Signs of infection are redness, heat, swelling, throbbing pain, and possibly fever. If you smoke, the risk of infection is more remarkable.
- Watery eyes: The eyes are usually watery after surgery on the lower eyelids. On infrequent occasions, this problem may take a little longer.
- Scar tissue formation: There is an increased risk of scar tissue formation, which may cause the eyelid to retract and not close completely, especially in eyelid surgeries. It usually goes away within a few weeks when you need to use a moisturizing eye ointment. After eyelid correction, the scar may be slightly bumpy, and tiny sebum buds may be visible. Finally, it would be best if you didn’t play with these buttons. If a sebaceous gland becomes bothersome, you should contact the clinic. Our surgeon can remove it. Tiny sebum buds disappear on their own after a while. You must be patient. Sometimes, the eyelid will not fall into place until three months. In rare cases, a new operation is necessary.
- Asymmetry: The surgeon strives for as good symmetry as possible. However, this isn’t always possible as most people have slightly asymmetrical eyelids before surgery.
- Double vision: Most patients will have double vision in the first hours after surgery after eyelid correction. This is because of the anesthetic. Persistent blurred and double vision will be extremely rare, less than 1%.
- Sensory disorders: Sensory disorders are common in eyelashes. However, it usually disappears after a short time.
- Difficulty closing the eyelid: Some patients may have difficulty closing their eyes during sleep for the first few days after surgery. In these cases, you should use a neutral eye ointment. If too much skin has been removed, this may take several months and, in sporadic cases, may be permanent (less than 1%). You can contact our specialist if you experience any of the above symptoms.
How to Prepare for Eyelid Correction?
In any operation, a body in good physical shape recovers better than a body in worse shape. At the same time, you should avoid smoking for at least four weeks before and after eyelid correction, as smoking slows healing. In addition, eat healthily; it is essential to have a protein-rich diet. For example, you should increase your consumption of meat, fish, milk, and cheese. During the operation, there should be no problems such as wounds and acne in the operation area. Don’t hesitate to contact us the day before the surgery if you have a scar or similar doubt. It is essential to take a shower before leaving the hotel and not to use any eye make-up or cream/body lotion in the operation area.
You can take your usual drugs during surgery if your doctor approves. However, there are some drugs you should not take. Check out what you need to consider in the preparation process for eyelid correction:
- You should ask our surgeon all questions about possible complications and alternative treatments before the operation.
- Minimize nicotine and alcohol consumption.
- Anticoagulant drugs should be discontinued ten days before the operation after consulting your doctor.
- If necessary, temporarily take hormonal medication.
- You should discontinue vitamin preparations (A, E) and food supplements (omega-3 fatty acids, etc.) at least four weeks before eyelid correction.
- Prepare cooling pads or cups at home to cool the skin after eyelid correction.
- You will be sensitive to the sun in the first period. Therefore, carry dark sunglasses with you during the operation. Of course, this situation also hides the inevitable swelling after the surgery.
What is the procedure of Eyelid Correction?
Routine checks are performed before each operation to ensure that all prerequisites for maximum patient safety are met. We don’t initiate the transaction until we have the best possible conditions according to the checklist.
You will receive general anesthesia for your comfort before eyelid correction. It also reduces bleeding during eyelid correction and acts as a pain reliever after eyelid correction.
Before starting the eyelid correction, the surgeon marks the planned skin incisions and checks them several times. Removes skin and muscle bands. If necessary, the surgeon removes a slight excess of fat from the inner corner of your eyelid. According to the first results, the specialist can also raise eyebrows from the same incision. For this, the surgeon creates access to the upper bony edge of the eye socket, between the eyeball’s membrane and the eyebrows’ fatty tissue.
The eyebrow is then stitched into the periosteum by the doctor. To reduce the lion line, our professional can remove a small muscle from the inner corner of the eyelid. The doctor can also combine different procedures to achieve an optimal aesthetic result. If you have excess skin on your lower eyelid, the access is parallel to the edge of the eyelid, possibly extending to the lateral laugh lines.
The underlying fat pads redistribute. If your lower eyelid is drooping or the edge of your eyelid threatens to decrease later, the doctor attaches the eyelid strip to the periosteum of the lateral orbit. The specialist can also correct eye circles without excess skin by reaching the inner part of the lower eyelid in the conjunctival fold.
If you have under-eye bags, you may experience a slightly longer operation. You will lie down with your eyes closed during the surgery. If there is only excess fat under the eyes, without excess skin and muscle at the same time, the surgeon removes the fat from the inner part of your lower eyelid with an incision from the mucous membrane. If there is excess skin and muscle, the doctor makes the incision just below the eyelashes and on the sideways smile line.
Finally, our surgeon stitches the edges of the wound. Anesthesia continues beyond the intervention and gradually disappears. The eyelid correction procedure can take an average of 1 to 2 hours.
You will receive a small bandage. It is essential to cool the eyes after surgery. Our staff will constantly monitor you in the recovery room immediately after surgery. You can have a drink after waking up and also have something to eat if you tolerate it well. Follow-up appointments will make before leaving the hospital, and our expert will discuss behavioral measures in detail with you. You will stay in our hospital for one day, and we will place you in your hotel the next day.
How is the Recovery After Eyelid Correction?
After eyelid correction, you will come to a quiet environment in the restroom. Here you are watched by our staff until you’re ready to go to the hotel. You will receive pain relievers at hotel on the first day after surgery. Our surgeon will inform you about the surgery and the next plan during this time. It’s essential to stay as calm as possible when you wake up. It is vital to lie with your head upright. You must put a few extra pillows on your back (even at night). You should also avoid bending over, so your head is below heart level. Check out what you need to pay attention to during the recovery phase after eyelid correction:
- You can drive as soon as you regain your unlimited vision.
- Regular checks of your health and the results of the eyelid correction follow.
- Resting and cooling your eyes adequately will help reduce swelling in the first three days. You can use light cooling pads or cooling glasses. Put the cooling pads in the refrigerator after use. If you wake up the first night, it’s a good idea to use cooling pads here too. Many people find it comfortable to use cooling pads at regular intervals until the thread removes. Cooling pads should not rest directly on the skin.
- Raising your upper body about 30 degrees for five days (even while sleeping) is beneficial for reducing swelling and scarring.
- You may be unable to close your eyes entirely on the first day due to swelling. To prevent the conjunctiva from drying to a large extent, you can use the gel or eye gel for a week at your doctor’s recommendation.
- In the days after the eyelid correction, the surgeon removes the stitches from your skin based on your condition. Avoid compensating for the scar for the first week.
- Give up contact lenses and any screens for the first week.
- You can return to work after about a few weeks. By then, the most severe swelling and effusions will be gone.
- From the first day after the eyelid correction, you can take a shower (not wetten your eyes) just before the wound control.
- From the third week after the eyelid correction, you can use oily creams in addition to a few minutes of daily massage in a circle.
- You should avoid excessive UV exposure (solarium/sunbathing) for at least three months.
- You can use make-up only after two weeks. There should be no visible crusts.
- You should avoid strenuous sports activities two weeks after surgery and contact sports for four weeks.
- To achieve the most beautiful scar possible, protecting the wounds from strong sunlight and solarium for the first 12 months after the operation is essential. This can be done by shading the spots with sunglasses, a shaded hat, a band-aid, or sunscreen with a minimum sun factor of 15.
- After eyelid correction will be discoloration of the skin around the eyes. This usually happens within two weeks. Redness may occur in the eye area.
- Swelling is most evident in the first three days. After that, it gradually decreases in about two weeks.
When Will You See Eyelid Correction Results?
Eyelid correction results in Turkey are highly successful and generally long-lasting. It isn’t uncommon for the persistence of effects to differ slightly between patients. After a few years on the eyelids, the skin may begin to sag again. A common cause is drooping of the forehead and eyebrows over time, pushing the skin over your eyelids down.
In such cases, you can benefit from eyebrow lifting to elevate and smooth the skin on your eyebrows. While eyelid correction can expect to correct some conditions permanently, you will naturally continue to age. Ongoing sun protection will help maintain your results. While good results expect from your procedure, there is no guarantee. In some cases, achieving optimal results with a single surgical procedure may not be possible, and you may need to take another action.
Following your post-operative instructions is crucial to the success of your eyelid correction procedure. It is essential that surgical incisions aren’t subject to excessive force, abrasion or movement during the healing period. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to care for yourself.
How Much is Eyelid Correction?
Eyelid correction costs in Turkey vary according to the complexity of the procedure, anesthesia, surgeon’s experience, materials, and techniques. However, eyelid correction prices in Turkey are much more affordable than in many countries. You can contact us immediately to experience this unique experience and give new poses with your aesthetic eyelids.
We look forward to meeting with you.