Duration of surgery
Duration of hospitalization
Length of stay in hotel
Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty or Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck is a type of abdominoplasty where surgeons remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen and make the core much more aesthetic. Experts recommend this method to people with excess fat and skin in the stomach, especially post bariatric patients are suitable for this surgery. In addition, doctors may recommend this procedure to people with wounds or cracks in the abdominal skin and too much skin in the waist area. This method performs according to the location of the fat deposits that surgeons cannot remove in the classical abdominoplasty method. Those who smoke, who aren’t in a standard and stable condition in terms of physical health, and those who plan to become pregnant in the future should consult the doctor about their post-operative situation.
This surgery performs under general anesthesia. Before the operation, the specialists will check the physical health conditions and make the necessary examinations. Before completing the surgery, you should be aware of the possible consequences and seek advice from your doctor. Suppose you are smoking or using drugs such as aspirin, antipyretic drugs, or various herbal remedies. In that case, you should quit at least 6 weeks before the surgery so your recovery will take a shorter time.
Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty in Turkey usually takes between 1 and 3 hours. In this surgery, specialists make a small incision just above the groin area. This line extends from the upper abdomen to the pubis and is T-shaped. This incision length may vary depending on the size and width of your skin and excess fat. During Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty, specialists remove excess fat from the upper abdomen and waist area. At this stage, doctors also repair the weak areas of the abdominal wall. Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty in Turkey is a surgery that requires more surgical intervention than the classical abdominoplasty procedure and may involve more risks. Therefore, before deciding on surgery, you should talk to our doctor in detail and consider all the risks and benefits.
There is usually catheter and/or drainage tube in the body after the surgery. After the surgery, you may feel discomfort in your stomach area while eating, which will pass after a while, or if these discomforts are severe, you can use sedatives under the control of our doctor.
After you discharge from our hospital, you should not do heavy physical activities and postpone them for 3-4 weeks. After the stitches have partially healed, you can gently massage the injured area. After the surgery, you may experience fatigue, numbness, burning the size of the scar, or swelling in the area around the incisions. In rare cases, a hematoma on the skin surface or other complications from dead blood, infection, or anesthesia can occur. In some cases, the site of the wound may turn purple or red. This will correct itself during the healing process, and after a maximum of 1 year, these places will ultimately recover, and you will have a flat stomach with a smooth and small core shape.
What is Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty?
Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty is an essential surgical technique in which doctors correct your entire abdominal wall horizontally and vertically. It is the most extensive abdominoplasty, and we also call it anchor because of the apparent scar left after surgery. When there is a lot of excess fat and skin, tummy tuck surgery with just a horizontal incision isn’t enough to get a good result. With Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty, specialists make a second (vertical) incision to make your body lines visible again.
A beautiful flat stomach undeniably adds to the silhouette’s aesthetic. Unfortunately, despite many efforts, food or sports, it offers excess skin or fat. Indeed, the skin may have difficulty regaining its former appearance after intense weight loss. Then you can opt for the Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty procedure to regain an elegant-looking abdomen.
Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty in Turkey is the most complete of abdominoplasty procedures, and experts usually recommend a conventional tummy tuck when they deem it unsatisfactory. Thus, this method makes it possible to remove the thick and localized skin and excess fat between the belly button and the pubis with a single and unique intervention. Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty is a body surgery procedure that surgeons can perform as part of cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery. Therefore, the method makes it possible to eliminate all defects located at the level of the abdomen.
In detail, on the occasion of a Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty, surgeons will proceed like an abdominoplasty by puncturing excess fat, removing excess skin, and restructuring the abdomen by strengthening the abdominal muscles. But they will also do a vertical skin resection. The latter, which isn’t necessary during a classic abdominoplasty, will allow more skin removal in the horizontal direction, thereby correcting complex deformations of the silhouette.
Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty in Turkey is usually suitable when you have lost excessive weight. You can lose weight through a strict diet, gastric band, gastric bypass, or gastric sleeve. This will be a great success. However, although you feel fitter and live healthier, the contours of your new body will not be evident due to excess skin. At this stage, this procedure will come to your aid. A disadvantage of the Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty procedure is that the scar intended in the tummy tuck is no longer hidden under the underwear.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty?
Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty is a necessary procedure that experts recommend for all patients with very prominent saggy skin with excess skin, fat, scars, or stretch marks. Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty in Turkey makes it possible to correct multiple defects of the abdomen, whether it is a change in the muscles, epidermis, or stomach. However, Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty is designed for patients with a very pronounced deformation in their silhouette compared to a classical abdominoplasty.
This method is also indicated for patients with excess skin in the horizontal direction and, therefore, not supported by a traditional abdominoplasty. These problems can occur after several pregnancies, age, or significant weight loss. Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty is an effective intervention for all patients who want to straighten the excess skin between the navel and pubis, either horizontally or vertically. As a matter of fact, after the procedure, your stomach will have a flat appearance, and your silhouette will be much thinner.
What Happens at the Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty Consultation?
At the Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty consultation, our specialists will carefully evaluate your clinical history, previous surgical interventions, pharmacological history, possible allergies, and the reasons that lead you to such procedures.
You must provide a complete and detailed clinical history, as all the information available to the specialists in this way can prevent the onset of complications. Questions about medications should also include any food supplements or herbal preparations (Ginkgo Biloba etc.) as they can affect blood pressure and coagulation. You must be honest about smoking and alcohol because they affect the ability to heal and the time it takes to recover from surgery.
After reviewing your clinical history, our surgeon will evaluate your priorities and motivations. Thus, the doctor will remove all your doubts and concerns. At the end of this consultation, the specialist will demonstrate the most appropriate treatment strategies, explaining the advantages and disadvantages of the various possibilities. At this point, you can decide and plan the intervention if you wish. The decision to have surgery is crucial, and you should constantly evaluate it.
What is the Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty Risks?
As with any procedure, there is a risk of bleeding, infection, or impaired wound healing in the Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty in Turkey. This is usually not serious, and our experts fix it quickly.
With Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty, a numb spot forms under the navel. Usually, the area between the navel and the scar remains numb. This area is getting smaller and smaller. Most people don’t find this bothersome. Small folds in the skin of the lower abdomen and the end of the scar (doggy ears) disappear on their own over time. We can never fully predict the healing of scars. Thick and bumpy scar development, which we also call scar hypertrophy, may also occur. Sometimes a scar fix can improve after a year. It can prevent the formation of fat necrosis and the death of subcutaneous fat. This is especially true in patients with high body weight.
In some cases, this can lead to infection and wound opening. Drainage and administration of antibiotics may also be necessary. Check out the risks of Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty in general:
- Delayed healing and diastasis of the surgical wound: A partial and unhealed appearance of the damage occurs more frequently in smokers and may require a second corrective surgery.
- A raised reddish hypertrophic scar characterized by excessive connective tissue production: A complication that may require a second corrective surgery.
- Hematoma and seroma: We see relatively frequently these two complications. The first requires drainage of the hematoma and control of hemostasis. Instead, the seroma is aspirated once or twice a week, sometimes repeatedly.
- Infection: It is a rare complication. It often causes by improper treatment and subsequently infected seromas. Therefore, it is vital to always look for the possible presence of seroma before removing the drains. Its resolution requires targeted antibiotic therapy and sometimes even a surgical revision.
- Abdominal flap or umbilical necrosis: It can be frightening, but fortunately, it is a rare complication. It is more common in smokers.
How to Prepare for Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty Procedure?
Preparing for the surgery in advance increases your chances of success. Here are some steps you can take to prepare for a Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty procedure:
- Understand the risks and benefits: It is crucial to fully understand the risks and benefits of the procedure before making a decision. Our surgeon will discuss this with you during the consultation, but you should also research to ensure you are well-informed.
- Quit smoking: You must quit at least four to 6 weeks before the procedure. Smoking can hinder the healing process and increase the risk of complications.
- Avoid blood thinners: Some medications, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and some supplements, can increase bleeding during surgery. Your surgeon will advise you on which medications to avoid before the procedure.
- Be sure to schedule your time: Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty is a major surgery. Therefore, you should take enough time for yourself to heal.
- Follow the surgeon’s instructions: Our doctor will give you detailed pre-and post-operative instructions; follow them closely for the best results.
What is the Procedure for Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty?
The procedure is very effective and highly safe. Check out the Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty procedure steps in Turkey:
Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty is a major surgical procedure that usually requires general anesthesia. General anesthesia is a type of sedation that puts you to sleep during surgery, so you don’t feel any pain or discomfort. During general anesthesia, you will give a combination of drugs that will make you sleepy and unaware of your surroundings. The anesthesiologist will monitor your vital signs, such as heart rate and blood pressure, throughout the procedure to ensure your safety.
Technically, our surgeon can apply liposuction to the entire abdomen before removing the skin and fat tissues up to the upper border of the stomach. The specialist then proceeds to re-tense your abdominal muscles. The doctor will tighten the rectus muscles if necessary to correct diastasis.
Then the specialist moves on to removing the skin between the pubis and the navel. Unlike traditional tummy tuck surgery, the doctor removes excess skin from the upper part of the abdomen, which requires a vertical incision. The specialist draws a vertical line down the middle of the core, and the skin excises from both sides in a triangle shape. The doctor separates the skin from the underlying tissue from the groin area upwards. The extent of this may vary from patient to patient.
Finally, the surgeon tightens the abdominal wall, repositions the abdomen, and removes the skin along with the excess fat. The specialist moves the skin by closing the incisions with sutures.
Recovery Process After Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty
Recovery after Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty in Turkey is usually painless. You can really relieve the minimal discomfort you will feel after the intervention with the analgesics that our surgeon will prescribe. However, since Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty in Turkey also concerns the abdominal muscles, the pain you will feel will be mild. In addition, after the procedure, you can usually return to your activities within a month of the intervention. Waiting a few weeks before resuming exercise would be best. Check out the recovery process after Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty:
- You should not smoke before and after the operation. If it is tough, you should reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke as much as possible and inform our surgeon.
- For the first few days, you should be in a semi-flexed position both in bed and while walking.
- Sutures are generally intradermal and absorbable sutures. Your body breaks them down without the need to ingest them. However, sometimes there may be different stitches. These should remove after the procedure with the instructions of the doctor.
- It is normal to feel a decrease in skin sensitivity in your abdomen for a few weeks.
- Your surgical site will be bandaged, and the specialist may ask you to wear a compression garment to reduce swelling and support the abdominal area.
- Healing takes about 2-3 weeks. You should maintain your movement and physical activity calmly. Return to normal activities can occur in about 2 weeks. It would be best to avoid sports activities for at least a month.
- You should not expose your scars to sunlight for at least 60 days. For about a year, you should apply sunscreen to the spot to prevent it from taking on a different color from the surrounding skin.
- Your scars will be more prominent in the first 6 months after the surgery. However, it will gradually improve and lose its reddish or puffy appearance one year after the surgery. Some people may be at risk of developing noticeable scars (hypertrophic or keloid) after any surgery, no matter how well the suture do or how carefully the patient follows the doctor’s recommendations.
- You must follow our surgeon’s instructions regarding post-operative care, including compression garments, any activity restrictions, and recommended follow-up visits. It’s also important to be patient and give your body enough time to heal correctly. It is always better to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.
When Will You See Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty Results?
The results of Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty in Turkey are impressive, and you can see it from the end of the procedure. Thus, you can observe the disappearance of the ominous appearance of your abdomen and localized excess fat. You can enjoy a result close to its promise within 2 to 3 months following the Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty operation. Of course, the procedure’s recovery time may vary depending on the person and the size of the surgery. And final result 8-12 months after the surgery.
At this stage, your abdomen will be flattened, and your skin will look more aesthetically pleasing. But you still have to wait a year to observe the final look. Indeed, it is necessary to allow time for the epidermis to retract and regain its first appearance. After this time, you will have a stomach without bloating and stretch marks.
How Much Does a Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty Cost?
Fleur de Lis abdominoplasty cost in Turkey can vary depending on several factors, including location, the surgeon’s experience, reputation, and the specific details of the procedure. In addition, many other factors, such as materials, techniques, anesthesia, and facilities, influence Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty prices in Turkey. You can contact us for exact costs.
Choose our agency for Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty in Turkey! We offer you the highest quality service with our experienced and expert team. We provide a safe and fast recovery after surgeries with the latest technologies and medical supplies. Choosing our agency for Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty will be the right choice for a safe and professional service.
Get an offer now!