Duration of surgery
Duration of hospitalization
Length of stay in hotel
Hair transplant for afro hair is more complex than any other hair type because the roots of curly hair are also curly. For this reason, people with afro hair or curly hair are rejected for hair transplant by most hair transplant clinics. Afro hair transplant is more complicated than straight hair because the hair also curls under the skin. The result of hair transplant for afro hair is faster coverage because hair covers a more significant part of the skin than straight hair. Transplanting hair in people with afro hair comes with several severe challenges.
The most important of these is that the grafts are curly in shape, just like the curly hair itself, and therefore curled on the scalp. Thus, the correct and undamaged removal of these grafts requires specialist knowledge and special skills.
Because of the hair structure of afro, or very curly hair, a specialist hair transplant specialist requires this type of hair. The reason for this is that the hair follicles show a curved structure under the skin as well as on the skin. This makes the removal of grafts with the FUE method more complicated. We have much experience with this variant of the FUE hair transplant in Turkey, and you can get good advice.
Hair transplant for afro hair in Turkey is a more complex and, therefore, more time-consuming treatment. For this reason, the number of grafts to be transferred daily is lower than the regular FUE treatment.
In the hair transplant for afro hair procedure, it is possible to obtain multiple grafts at once with the FUT method because a strip of grafted skin removes from the back of the head. In practice, however, the disadvantages of a FUT treatment are often a reason to opt for several minor FUE curly hair treatments. It is also essential to know about the risk of scarring or keloid. This is common on skin with curly hair.
Due to the unique properties of curly solid hair, treatment results are often more opaque than a routine FUE hair transplant treatment. Curly hair covers a larger area of skin than straight hair. This means you can still achieve a good covering result during treatment with fewer grafts. In addition, other genetic factors such as rough and oily scalp and curly hair follicles are heavily dependent on good blood circulation in the scalp for their development can play a challenging role.
If the person involved has had a transplant before, the scalp may have become rough, adversely affecting the procedure’s outcome. As a result, there are many reasons why most institutions choose not to begin such transplants. If they do, they often achieve disappointing results.
However, with our unique FUE technique in Turkey, we also offer a suitable solution for people with afro hair. After all, we are proud that we want to make this possible for anyone who wants to have a successful hair transplant for afro hair. We can tell you great stories, but we prefer to let the facts speak for themselves.
First, our hair transplant for afro hair specialists has the specialist skills and techniques to harvest safely and implant grafts in people with curly hair. In almost any case, it can begin to produce healthy, strong hair again. While collecting grafts, FUE hair transplant achieves a success rate of not less than 99% in people with curly hair, while our clinical experience shows that the success rate is less than 40% with other hair transplant techniques. We are proud that we have been able to make so many people happy with our treatments, and we never hide it!
Secondly, with our hair transplant for afro hair methods in Turkey, we use techniques that ensure optimal blood circulation and scalp condition improvement during and after treatment. This is especially important for people with curly hair because this hair type has strong roots that are extra dependent on good blood circulation for their growth.
What is Hair Transplant for Afro Hair?
Hair transplant for afro hair is an afro hair transplant method for people with curly hair. It is a hair transplant technique, especially for black people of the African-American race. In light of research and scientific developments in the hair transplant industry, it has emerged that a different method requires for people with African-American structures. Because the curly design in the hair of African Americans isn’t limited to the visible parts. Under the skin, the hair follicles continue to curl and develop there. People with straight hair have less tight curls. The surgeon can efficiently perform FUE and different techniques for such a patient.
While FUE hair transplant is among the most commonly used cosmetic procedures in the world today, it isn’t always easy to find a practitioner for men and women with curly hair. Curly hair transplant is complex and requires a lot of precision, accuracy, and attention. The challenge is with curling the hair. Hair also curls under the skin. This means that hair follicles grow in different directions. The hand of an experienced hair surgeon is indispensable to achieving a natural result. This makes the treatment for a long time, which requires much effort from the attending physician. This is partly because fewer hair follicles are transferred with FUE hair transplant for non-curly or curly hair during daily treatment.
Hair transplant for afro hair in Turkey is the same as other procedures. In other words, the removal and replacement of hair follicles in the transferred areas perform under anesthesia. Previously, the surgeon checked the number of grafts you can treat for an optimal result during a consultation. For curly hair, sufficient donor material should also be available for hair transplant.
Afro hair is tightly curled or curly and has a distinctive C shape. Hair follicles are usually invisible as they tend to bend under the skin. Therefore, it is more common in curly and afro hair than straight hair. The transaction is the unintentional cutting of a hair follicle during a hair transplant. This can happen during extraction as well as during the implantation of a hair follicle.
Transactions are most commonly used when our surgeon removes the hair follicles from the back or side of the head because the blade cuts the hair follicles. This will damage them and prevent them from being used for transplants. Cuts may also occur due to the pressure applied to the scalp during hair transplant for afro hair.
Therefore, performing a hair transplant for afro hair requires extensive experience and knowledge, as well as a keen understanding of the culture, the needs of the patient, and the application of specific techniques. Our certified surgeons are professionally scanned for quality and affordability, making them the ideal choice for hair transplant for afro hair.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for Hair Transplant for Afro Hair?
Hair transplant for afro hair in Turkey is a viable option for men or women with partial baldness, receding hairline, or traction alopecia – a gradual form of hair loss caused by excessive pulling of hair. Afro hair is particularly vulnerable to traction loss due to everyday hairstyles like tight braids or dreadlocks.
A hair transplant for afro hair is generally not recommended if you have temporary hair loss or suffer from baldness or baldness in a particular area. This is because baldness patterns on the head’s back and sides indicate that the hair isn’t resistant to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This is the hormone believed to be responsible for hair loss. If the hair in the donor area isn’t immune to DHT, a future hair transplant procedure is unlikely to be successful.
Let’s say you have curly hair and are faced with thinning hair, opening the hairline, or excessive hair loss. In this case, you may be eligible for a hair transplant. Our doctor or specialist can then devise a plan and advise you. Hair transplants can be done on curly hair as well as on straight hair. However, it is less known, and fewer hair transplants do for curly hair.
Our experts have mastered curly or afro hair and achieved excellent results. Our hair experts work very closely with hair transplants for afro hair. Logically, people with curly hair also want a full head, while baldness and hair loss are just as familiar with other hair types. There are additional causes of hair loss in people with curly hair. For example, afro haircuts are more likely to use dreadlocks. Also, tightly braided or coiled hair is more easily damaged. Overuse of styling products and damaging styling methods also have disastrous effects.
Excessive hair loss sees in all hair types, including people with curly hair. As with other hair types, curly hair can also lose its hair due to diseases or congenital conditions. Hair loss is often hereditary. Curly hair occurs in both men and women. There may be other reasons for hair loss as well. Below is a summary of possible causes:
- Alopecia areata and androgenetic alopecia are common causes of hair loss in curly hair. First, consult our doctor to determine if a hair transplant for afro hair is a solution.
- In addition, habits are also effective in hair loss. Many people wear wigs for years; they use beads, rasta, or braid. Such factors can also cause hair loss.
- Drug-induced hair loss is also common. Some drugs are known to cause hair loss as a side effect. Sometimes hair grows back after stopping the medication. Your prescribing doctor can inform you about this. Are you structurally dependent on such a drug, or does the hair not grow back after you stop it? Then you can consider a hair transplant for afro hair. Consult your doctor for this.
- You may experience hair loss due to hormonal abnormalities. For example, thyroid abnormalities can cause hair loss. In addition, abnormalities in the hormonal balance of sex hormones can have such an effect.
- Hair loss is also expected due to nutritional deficiencies. Conditions, where the body doesn’t receive or absorb enough nutrients can cause hair loss.
- Many hairs enter the resting phase of the growth cycle at the same time. If this hair loss occurs permanently on the scalp, you may want to consider a hair transplant for afro hair. Fortunately, anyone can feel a hair transplant for afro hair if they find excessive hair loss problematic.
What happens at the Hair Transplant for Afro Hair Consultation?
Our experienced specialists will discuss the hair transplant for afro hair procedure with you during the consultation and show that, in most cases, curly hair needs two treatment sessions. It has much to do with how curly hair follicles and grafts place in balding areas. Not everyone with curly hair is suitable for a hair transplant.
If in your case, it turns out that the donor material is insufficient, we can already say that a good outcome is almost impossible. In these cases, our hair surgeon will give harmful treatment advice and discuss possible alternatives with you. The probability of rejection of the transplanted hair follicles as a result of alopecia in the future is (very) high. In this consultation, both the donor area and the transferred areas are carefully examined. Your health and any medical history also discuss in detail. At the end of the consultation, you will receive a personalized treatment plan regarding the hair transplant for an afro hair procedure in Turkey.
What are the Risks of Hair Transplant for Afro Hair?
Despite the safety feature of hair transplant for afro hair in Turkey, this procedure carries some risks. Some minor, temporary complications include:
- Temporary thinning of existing hair. Although rare, pre-existing hair may become thinner after a hair transplant for afro hair. Pre-existing hair will return to its normal state within a few months.
- Small sequential bleeding occurs regularly and can be stopped simply by closing the wound. Persistent, prolonged bleeding occurs only in rare cases. Later post-treatment may be necessary.
- It is rare and limited to the minimum after pain. You can usually quickly treat post-pain pain with a pain reliever. Most people rarely feel (after) pain.
- Numbness may develop in the donor area. This takes about 3 to 18 weeks. It will not bother you much, and the familiar feeling will correct itself.
- As the skin heals, some itching occurs. This is rarely annoying and will subside after a few days.
- Small swellings may develop in the treated areas. The eye area may also swell for a few days. Swelling will go down immediately after the hair transplant for afro hair.
- Wound infections and inflammations are rare and can be treated with antibiotics.
- Keloid scars are only seen in people who are prone to it. A specialist may not recommend a hair transplant if you are prone to excessive scarring.
- Cysts may form in problem areas after the hair transplant for afro hair. They usually pass on their own or with the help of a few simple treatments. The cysts are the size of small pimples.
The risk of complications significantly reduces if you follow the instructions from our specialist and care for the skin as recommended. The procedure is carried out only after a thorough introductory interview in which your case further examine. Here we look beyond just hair loss. Your health and medical history also discuss. Hair transplant for afro hair is a safe treatment as long as it performs on suitable men and women.
How to prepare for Afro Hair Preparation Process?
You should pay close attention to the hair transplant for the afro hair preparation process. This process can directly affect the chances of success of treatment:
- Stop taking painkillers: Ibuprofen and aspirin have blood thinning effects. Therefore, they increase the risk of bleeding during and after hair transplant for afro hair.
- Other drugs: In addition to blood-thinning pain relievers, there are more drugs you should ignore. Then discuss this with the specialist during the first purchase. Our specialist can tell you exactly when and should stop taking it. This applies, for example, to antidepressants, beta-blockers, and anti-hair loss products. It is also better not to use some vitamin pills. Vitamin B is an example of this. Therefore, tell the specialist if you are taking certain supplements, such as multivitamins.
- Don’t drink alcohol: It is wise to stop drinking alcohol one week before the hair transplant for the afro hair procedure. This also has a blood-thinning effect and may increase the risk of complications during and after treatment. It is also wise not to drink alcohol for the first 48 hours after a hair transplant for afro hair.
- Quit smoking: Cigarettes’ nicotine and carbon monoxide slow your recovery. This is because these substances slow down your immune system. They also reduce blood clotting, blood flow, and oxygen levels. For this reason, smoking should not be smoked on the day of the operation, preferably one week beforehand. It would also be wise not to smoke for the first few weeks after surgery.
- Stay away from the sun: Your skin must be in optimal condition before hair transplant for afro hair. The sun can seriously damage the skin, sometimes faster than you think. Therefore, try not to go out in the sun about two weeks before the treatment. For example, wear a hat. Isn’t that an option? Then lubricate your scalp very well with a factor of at least 30.
- Don’t use gels, waxes, or mousses: Cleansing is another remedy for your hair on the day of the procedure. Your skin and hair must be spotless. So make sure any shampoo is thoroughly rinsed off.
- Consider your attire: Wear comfortable clothes on the day of the procedure. In any case, choose clothes that can quickly go over your head. That is, with a wide neck or, for example, a zipper or button. In any case, be careful not to let the garment touch your scalp.
What is the procedure for Hair Transplant for Afro Hair?
All hair transplant techniques, including FUE, DHI, and robotic FUE, can be applied to afro hair. Only this beautiful hairstyle has a price. Hair transplant for afro hair is more complex than straight or wavy hair. For example, you should consider that the extraction holes are carefully made during an FUE extraction, as the hair follicle is rooted obliquely to the scalp. A hole with a minimal diameter can cause the hair follicle to be cut. This provides an additional level of difficulty and makes treatment more time-consuming. But our skilled surgeon knows how to deal with curly hair and has developed skills specifically for this hair type. There are several techniques commonly used for hair transplant for afro hair. Which method you choose depends on our surgeon, the type of hair loss, and your expectations in the hair transplant for an afro hair procedure. Follow the steps for hair transplant for afro hair procedure in Turkey:
Our surgeon will administer anesthesia so that you do not have any pain before the procedure. In this way, you will have a much more comfortable process.
Our specialist takes donor hair from the back and sides (donor area) with a hair transplant for afro hair. The surgeon prepares these hairs and then returns them to the desired places. This way, your healthy hair is carried to your bald and thin spots. Hair transplants for afro hair and other hair transplant procedures are similar. The transferred hair will look much bushy.
Hair transplant for afro hair is quite tricky. A lot of precision and experience are required. Removing or collecting donor hairs from afro-curly hair is difficult because the hairs and hair follicles grow in different directions. Finally, our surgeon concludes the procedure by giving the necessary care instructions.
How is the Recovery After Hair Transplant for Afro Hair?
For afro hair, the surgeon performs a hair transplant daily. After completing the procedure and the initial check-up, you will receive tips and instructions that you can implement in the days and weeks after the process. This way, you heal in your environment. Also, the success of the result stays the same or falls apart from how you handle healing. The first ten days after the procedure are of decisive importance. Several valuable tips may come in handy:
- You may experience irritation in the first hours and days after a hair transplant for afro hair. This will subside on its own.
- Don’t put your head under pressure or force for the first few days; avoid heavy lifting and bending over.
- When you’re feeling good, go about your business and make sure you clear your head as much as possible the first time around.
- Most of your transferred hair will fall out within a few weeks. This is exceptionally normal. 3-4 months after the procedure, your hair starts to grow again.
- Always be sure not to scratch the crusts that have formed, but they have a chance to loosen and fall off the skin.
- Sleep with an extra pillow for the first few nights; try to keep your head slightly higher; this will, among other things, reduce swelling and allow hair follicles to grow in optimal conditions. From the 3rd night after a hair transplant for afro hair, you can usually sleep again without an extra pillow.
- Dress and undress carefully. Choose a blouse or shirt you don’t need to wear on the hair transplant for afro hair day and the following days.
- Beware of bumping, bending, and lifting. Avoid hitting your head even when getting into the car. Wearing a headscarf is also not good in the early days. Hair transplant for afro hair after about 7 to 10 days, your scalp will heal, and you can wear a loose hat, cap, or headband.
- Beware of direct sunlight and solarium. Next, choose a sunscreen with a high SPF factor. In any case, it doesn’t recommend exposing the treated skin to the sun and sunbeds in the first month after a hair transplant for afro hair in Turkey. Don’t use hairspray. Avoid using hot styling equipment such as hair dryers, straighteners, or curling iron.
- If possible, you should stop smoking long before treatment. Smoking hurts recovery and outcome. Therefore, don’t smoke in the weeks following the hair transplant for the afro hair procedure.
- You can continue heavy physical work in consultation with our specialist. It usually takes around 14 days for you to recover enough to do this responsibly again.
- Sports activities, contact sports, swimming, and sauna visits are also second in the weeks after the hair transplant. You can resume most sports after 14 days. The same applies to the swimming pool or sauna.
When will you see the results of Hair Transplant for Afro Hair?
Our experienced hair transplant surgeon knows how to transfer curly hair correctly and will fully commit to a beautiful and natural result. The hair follicles must place in the right direction. During a consultation, our specialist can tell you what to expect.
After the procedure, the skin needs some time to heal. Crusts will form, and the skin may swell. It is important not to scratch the shells. This can cause scars. Fortunately, the skin heals quickly after a hair transplant. After about a week, the crusts and swelling will disappear. Your surroundings don’t notice that you have a hair treatment, and you can go out again.
You start to notice the results of hair transplant for afro hair in Turkey 3 to 4 months after the treatment. Then new hair starts to grow. However, this varies from person to person. It also happens that new hair appears only after six months.
Most importantly, the hair transplant for afro hair is the final result. You did all this for this. After 9 to 12 months, the new hair will regain its full strength, and you will really see the difference before the treatment. Remember that hair transplant for afro hair doesn’t give immediate results. Hair grows one cm per month, which means it will take a year for you to evaluate an optimal outcome.
How much is a Hair Transplant for Afro Hair?
Due to the procedure’s complexity, the hair transplant for afro hair cost in Turkey is slightly more expensive than standard hair transplant costs. This has to do with the experience of the treating specialist but also with the fact that more than one treatment is needed to achieve the desired result.
The surgeon will discuss the composition of costs with you during the entry interview. It is essential to know where you stand and what you can expect from a hair transplant—this concerns the number of grafts to be transferred and the costs associated with the procedure. Then you will be sure that you don’t face unnecessary additional treatment costs. You can get detailed information about hair transplants for afro hair by contacting our experts today.