Duration of surgery
Duration of hospitalization
Length of stay in hotel
The swallowable gastric balloon is a new generation produced by specialists for non-surgical and non-invasive treatment to eliminate obesity. This is a soft balloon that specialists insert into your abdomen. This first swallowable gastric balloon doesn’t require surgery, endoscopy, or anesthesia. The swallowable gastric balloon in Turkey helps you to choose a healthier life by absorbing enough nutrients and filling your stomach space, creating more convenient options.
The balloon system consists of a soft air part, an insertion part, and a listening wind part. Swallow the deflated balloon with a small amount of water. Experts fill it with 550 ml of serum after inserting it into your stomach with the connecting cannula. After filling the balloon, they remove the tube, and the balloon remains in the stomach. This gastric balloon exits the body naturally at the end of its use, so you don’t need to revisit your doctor to remove it.
The weight you can lose with a swallowable gastric balloon in Turkey varies according to the changes you will make in your lifestyle. The gastric balloon, placed in the stomach by specialists, helps slow down the passage of food through the stomach. Depending on your goals and circumstances, the balloon will naturally exit your stomach after six months or more. Studies have shown that participants lost an average of 20-50% of their excess weight using this gastric balloon.
If your Body Mass Index (BMI) exceeds 27, a swallowable gastric balloon helps with long-term weight loss and other medical conditions such as type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure. This procedure benefits people who are too overweight to have life-saving surgery. Using the balloon for successful weight loss before surgery also helps reduce the risks associated with surgical operations if you are overweight. Our surgeons will verify your BMI and perform a detailed assessment before deciding whether this procedure suits you.
We recommend you drink only liquids for the first two days after the procedure and start solid foods when you feel comfortable. The swallowable balloon helps you eat food in smaller portions and feel complete. Our team of nutritionists will help you with dietary guidelines, balanced nutrition, and lifestyle changes to achieve the best results.
Unlike other advanced weight loss options, the swallowable gastric balloon procedure doesn’t require endoscopy or anesthesia, as surgeons prefer. It takes about 15 minutes to remove this gastric balloon. You will swallow the capsule, and your doctor will use X-rays to ensure the balloon is in the right place in your stomach. The doctors inflate the balloon through you and complete the procedure by removing the catheter. After about 16 weeks, the balloon deflates and leaves the body naturally. You may need endoscopic or surgical procedures to remove the balloon in rare cases.
If the swallowable gastric balloon procedure is successful, you will achieve long-term weight loss. However, this depends on your ability to maintain a new lifestyle. Long-term weight loss improves health problems associated with obesity, including high blood pressure and sleep apnea. But for most people, the appeal of the swallowable gastric balloon is that it doesn’t require surgery and is on an outpatient basis. This means minimal disruption to daily life.
The procedure is quick and easy and doesn’t require surgical intervention. Endoscopy isn’t necessary. Combined with a diet and exercise program, it leads to long-term weight loss. You feel full more quickly when the balloon is in your stomach. This procedure will help you lose weight permanently without the need for surgery. It allows you to use it again for treatment according to individual weight loss needs. Most patients lose about 30 percent of their excess weight or 10 to 30 percent of their total starting weight.
What is a Swallowable Gastric Balloon?
Obesity is now a prevalent health challenge in today’s society. This condition, one of the biggest obstacles to achieving a healthy life, makes it difficult for many individuals to lose weight. However, with the advancement of medicine, it is now possible to overcome obesity without surgical procedures. You can lose weight quickly with a swallowable gastric balloon in Turkey.
The size of food portions is essential to consider in the weight loss process. For overweight individuals, large amounts trigger weight gain by creating a consumption habit. The swallowable gastric balloon is an ideal solution to solve this problem. It naturally limits portion size by taking up space in the stomach. This means that you feel fuller with smaller amounts of food.
Thanks to the gastric balloon, your stomach volume shrinks. This means that even small amounts of food keep you full for longer. At the same time, with the prolonged gastric emptying time, you experience a longer feeling of satiety with less food. Not feeling complete with small portions is a significant obstacle for many people during weight loss. However, thanks to innovative solutions offered by technology in the medical field, it is now easier to overcome this obstacle. The swallowable balloon in Turkey takes up space in your stomach, making you feel full faster and with smaller portions.
This type of gastric balloon stands out among the many available gastric balloons. The most distinctive feature of this balloon is that surgeons don’t need any endoscopic procedure or anesthesia during insertion and removal. This makes it both less risky and more comfortable for patients. In addition, this procedure is a new generation of gastric balloon. The material quality is higher than previous models. This ensures a safer and more effective result during use.
In traditional gastric balloon procedures, specialists perform an endoscopic procedure, usually under anesthesia. This balloon contains a pill connected to a thin wire. After swallowing the tablet, the specialists check whether it has settled in your stomach with an X-ray. After positioning it correctly, experts fill the balloon with a special liquid and gently pull the cable out. This takes only 20 minutes on average, and the balloon stays in the stomach for about 16 weeks.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for Swallowable Gastric Balloon?
The ideal candidates for a swallowable gastric balloon in Turkey are overweight or obese individuals with a BMI of 27. If you haven’t been successful after many diet attempts, the balloon that enters your stomach with this method gives you the necessary time to gain healthy eating habits.
One of the main reasons for the popularity of this procedure in Turkey is that there is no need for endoscopic procedures or surgery. At the same time, you don’t need to remove the balloon, and you can return to your daily life immediately after the process, which is a great advantage. This procedure is an ideal alternative, especially for individuals who are sensitive to anesthesia or who avoid the risks of surgical procedures.
If your BMI is over 27, you are an even more suitable candidate to try this method. If you haven’t had gastric surgery before and are looking for a new way to change your eating habits, iMed Medical offers customized solutions.
What to Expect at the Swallowable Gastric Balloon Consultation?
If you consider the swallowable gastric balloon a weight loss method, the first step is meeting with our surgeons. Our specialists will review your medical history, including past surgeries, allergies, and current medications. They will also discuss your previous weight loss attempts. They will likely perform a brief physical examination to ensure you are a suitable candidate for the procedure. During this examination, the specialists will measure your weight and height and calculate your Body Mass Index.
In addition, our doctors will explain how the swallowable gastric balloon works, its benefits, potential side effects, and the results they expect. Remember that the consultation allows you to gather as much information as possible. It is essential that you feel confident and comfortable with your decision.
What are the Risks of Swallowable Gastric Balloon?
The experience of patients after the swallowable gastric balloon procedure in Turkey varies. The extent to which you follow the surgeon’s recommendations and instructions is a significant factor in the positive or negative course of this experience. After our specialists place the balloon in the stomach, some patients may experience side effects such as vomiting and nausea. However, we cannot say these side effects occur in all patients.
In most people, these complaints subside within 2-3 days, while in rare cases, this process may be longer in some patients. The experience of the specialists is significant in the process of applying this procedure. The expertise of our specialists will minimize the risks of the procedure. Like all medical procedures, the swallowable gastric balloon has associated risks. However, it generally carries fewer risks than surgical weight loss interventions. Check out the risks of swallowable gastric balloon in Turkey:
- Nausea and vomiting: Problems like these are the side effects we often see after surgeons inflate the balloon. These symptoms are typically temporary and resolve within a few days for most patients.
- Abdominal pain or discomfort: Some people experience cramping or pain, which may be temporary but persist for longer.
- Acid reflux or heartburn: The balloon increases the occurrence of acid reflux or heartburn in some patients.
- Premature balloon deflation: There is a risk of the balloon deflating prematurely. This can cause the balloon to pass into the small intestine and cause obstruction.
- Overinflation of the balloon: In rare cases, the balloon can fill with additional fluid (typically air or stomach fluids). This causes discomfort and requires early removal.
- Gastric ulcer or injury: The balloon can cause damage to the stomach lining and even lead to ulcers.
- Inadequate weight loss or weight regain: Not everyone loses weight with the balloon, and some gain the weight back after the balloon procedure or after some time.
- Bowel obstruction: If the balloon deflates and moves into the intestine, it can cause a severe block that requires urgent medical attention.
- Intolerance: Some people may not tolerate the balloon, and the procedure fails.
- Nutrient deficiencies: Although less familiar with the gastric balloon than other bariatric surgeries, patients still experience nutrient deficiencies if they don’t follow dietary guidelines.
How Do You Prepare for the Swallowable Gastric Balloon Procedure?
A swallowable gastric balloon is a weight loss procedure involving swallowing a capsule containing a balloon. Once the balloon enters the stomach, it fills with liquid or air, making you feel full and reducing food intake. Preparing for a swallowable gastric balloon procedure in Turkey varies slightly depending on the specifics of the process, the type of balloon, and the guidelines of our surgeons. However, some general preparation guidelines include the following:
- Before the procedure, you usually undergo a thorough medical evaluation to ensure you are a suitable candidate. This evaluation includes blood tests, endoscopic examinations, and other relevant examinations.
- You will meet with our specialists to guide you on changing your eating habits. This will help you maximize your time with the balloon and achieve long-term results after the procedure.
- Before the procedure, you must fast (not eat or drink) for a certain period. This ensures that the stomach is empty during the process. Review all medications you are taking with your doctor. Some medicines may need to be adjusted by specialists, or the timing may need to change about the procedure.
- Make sure you drink enough fluids before the procedure. However, follow any special instructions given about when to stop drinking fluids. Understand the process, potential risks, benefits, and stage after processing. Setting realistic weight loss goals and reminding yourself of your reasons for choosing this approach is helpful.
- After the procedure, you will feel discomfort, nausea, and even vomiting as your body adjusts to the presence of the balloon. Having someone with you to help or support you during this time is helpful.
- You will probably need to follow a specific diet after the procedure, starting with liquids and gradually moving to solid foods. Make sure you have the necessary food and supplements with you.
- Ensure you know possible side effects and what to expect after the procedure. Some people may experience nausea, abdominal discomfort, or other symptoms.
Swallowable Gastric Balloon: Procedure Steps
The swallowable gastric balloon in Turkey offers a new approach to treating obesity. This gastric balloon restricts food intake by reducing the space occupied by the stomach. However, unlike traditional gastric balloons, this balloon doesn’t require endoscopy or anesthesia. This treatment, which takes about 20 minutes, is very comfortable for patients. This treatment is an essential aid in weight control, and you will get more effective results with diet and exercise. Follow the steps of the swallowable gastric balloon procedure in Turkey:
- Swallowing the balloon capsule
The deflated gastric balloon is in a capsule connected to a thin catheter. You swallow the capsule with water, like eating a large pill.
- Balloon position verification
To ensure the capsule is in the right place when it reaches your stomach, specialists verify the position using an X-ray or ultrasound.
- Inflating the balloon
After positioning, specialists fill the balloon inside the capsule with a sterile saline solution (or air, depending on the type of balloon). The doctors do this through a catheter that stays outside your mouth. After the specialists inflate the balloon, it floats freely inside the stomach.
- Removing the catheter
Once the specialists have filled the balloon to the appropriate volume, they gently separate the catheter and remove it from your mouth. The balloon typically stays in the stomach for months (usually 4-6 months, but this varies according to the specific product and the doctor’s advice).
- Removing the balloon
Experts recommend removing the balloon at the end of the prescribed time. In some cases, the balloon is such that it deflates on its own and then passes naturally through the digestive tract. In other cases, a simple endoscopic procedure requires retrieving and removing the balloon from the stomach.
Recovery Process After Swallowable Gastric Balloon
The swallowable gastric balloon is a method that can help with weight control. Taking up space in the stomach makes the user feel full more quickly. However, this is only a short-term solution. The primary purpose of the gastric balloon is to give people who have difficulty starting a diet a head start. Along with the gastric balloon, the diet program helps individuals change their eating habits. Especially for those who have problems dieting under normal conditions, this method offers the advantage of adapting to diet programs more efficiently, thanks to the reduced feeling of hunger.
When the balloon stays in the stomach, you feel complete with less food. Over time, this leads you to reduce your portions and positively change your eating habits. In short, it’s not a weight loss method on its own, but when used effectively in combination with the proper diet and lifestyle changes, it can help you achieve your healthy weight loss goals.
Sticking to the diet list recommended by experts allows you to make the most of the advantages provided by the gastric balloon. However, if you experience difficulties in this process or have trouble adapting to the nutrition program, you can get support from our experts. Check out the recovery process after a swallowable gastric balloon in Turkey:
- After swallowing the balloon, patients may feel nausea or vomiting. Some also experience abdominal discomfort or pain. These symptoms may last for a few days but typically improve as the body gets used to the presence of the balloon.
- Immediately after the procedure, you will usually follow a specific diet. This usually starts with clear liquids. It progresses to fuller beverages, pureed foods, and then gradually to solid foods over days or weeks.
- Avoid high-sugar and fatty foods to reduce the risk of discomfort and dumping syndrome.
- It is imperative to stay hydrated, especially in the first days following the procedure.
- You must meet regularly with our specialists to monitor progress, address side effects, and ensure the balloon works correctly.
- We recommend a gradual resumption of physical activity. Regular exercise helps to promote weight loss and improve overall health.
- In rare cases, the balloon may deflate prematurely. This leads to balloon displacement and potential blockage in the digestive tract. It is imperative to seek medical attention if you experience sudden stomach pain or notice a change in the color of your stool. Stomach ulcers or irritation also occur depending on the presence of the balloon.
- You must continue healthy eating habits and regular physical activity even after the specialists have removed the balloon to maintain weight loss and encourage further weight loss if necessary.
When Will You See the Results of the Swallowable Gastric Balloon?
Swallowable gastric balloons are a type of non-surgical weight loss intervention. Specialists swallow these balloons in pill form, and once in the stomach, specialists inflate them with gas or liquid. The presence of the balloon in the stomach creates a feeling of fullness or satiety, reducing the amount a person can eat.
Shortly after the specialists insert the balloon, individuals experience a strong feeling of fullness, even after consuming a small amount of food. Weight loss results usually appear a few weeks after the procedure. Remember that the balloon is just a tool; for best results, you should use it with a balanced diet and regular physical activity. The rate of weight loss will vary depending on individual metabolism, adherence to dietary recommendations, level of physical activity, and other factors.
Most gastric balloons will remain in the stomach for a certain period, usually about six months. Then doctors deflate and remove it, or the balloon comes out naturally. The amount of weight loss during this time varies. However, studies have shown that many patients lose an average of 10-15% of their body weight. After the doctor removes the balloon, individuals must continue a healthy lifestyle to lose weight. The balloon is a temporary solution; you risk losing weight without diet and lifestyle changes.
As with all weight loss interventions, there is individual variability in swallowable gastric balloon results in Turkey. Some people experience significant weight loss, while others may see modest results. Some people experience side effects such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, or discomfort, especially in the days immediately following the procedure. These side effects may temporarily affect the perception of results.
How Much Does a Swallowable Gastric Balloon Cost?
The cost of a swallowable gastric balloon in Turkey varies depending on the region, healthcare provider, brand, and other factors. These prices typically include specialists inserting and removing the balloon and any necessary follow-up appointments. However, costs vary by country or region. For example, a procedure in the US or Europe is more expensive than in Turkey due to higher healthcare costs. Different manufacturers produce different gastric balloons, and the cost varies by brand.
Determination and support are critical in your weight loss process. The ingestible gastric balloon is here to give you the push you need at the beginning of this process. But the most important thing to remember is that this journey is just the beginning. Adopting and maintaining healthy living habits is essential to achieve lasting results. We want you to know we are with you in this regard. We welcome you to iMed Medical; let’s embark on this journey together and move towards a healthier life.