Duration of surgery
Duration of hospitalization
Length of stay in hotel
The dream of permanently losing excess fat and skin around the abdomen can exist for anyone, but you don’t need to see it as an unattainable dream anymore. The abdominoplasty procedure, also known as Tummy Tuck, is a cosmetic procedure in which the doctor uses incisions to remove large amounts of fat and excess skin from the abdomen.
The beautiful results that tighten and smooth the tummy nicely will tempt everyone to do this surgery immediately. Still, we recommend that you first learn about this surgery in all its aspects and consider the complications and benefits of this surgery. Also, remember that there are different types of this surgery, sometimes combined with other cosmetic procedures, to achieve positive results. Therefore, the first step in performing this surgery is to meet with our relevant and experienced surgeon. The second step is to know all aspects of the abdominoplasty procedure. We took this step for you and examined it in all its parts. Stay with us to get enough information to perform the most practical beauty procedure.
Tummy Tuck or abdominoplasty is a plastic surgery performed to improve the shape and appearance of the abdomen and strengthen the abdominal wall muscles. In this operation, the doctor removes the skin and excess fat in the stomach, giving the core a smooth and tight appearance. Although liposuction can be preferred with this surgery to remove fat in the gut, abdominoplasty isn’t the same as liposuction and is entirely different. Because the purpose of liposuction is to remove only the fat, and during this procedure, the loosened skin or abdominal muscles aren’t repaired. It is possible that the skin doesn’t shrink well and doesn’t return to its original state after liposuction. However, in abdominoplasty surgery, the abdomen’s appearance usually changes, and this area becomes thinner and more beautiful. This procedure affects excess skin and fat. The more skin and belly fat, the higher the complexity of this operation. Our advice to you is to obtain the necessary information about this operation, prepare a complete history of your physical condition, and decide to perform this delicate operation after consulting our doctor.
In abdominoplasty surgery in Turkey, the abdominal region, which has lost its original shape due to weight gain, pregnancy, or loss of skin elasticity, can regain its tight and proportional tissue. Our surgeon removes your excess skin folds and stubborn fat during this process. As a result, beauty and youth return to this part of your body.
The Tummy Tuck procedure in Turkey aims to remove excess fat and skin from the lower abdomen, lower abdomen, lower flanks, and waist area to create a slimmer and more shapely body.
As a result, if you are struggling with the problem of excess fat and skin laxity in the abdomen and sides, Tummy Tuck or an abdominoplasty operation in Turkey is the final solution. When weight gain is excessive and long-term, the skin, and tissues in the body and abdomen are stretched and become saggy. However, slimming and weight loss alone may not solve the problem of excess skin and tissue. Thus, it may require an invasive surgical method such as abdominoplasty.
Another thing that increases the need for an abdominoplasty procedure is a pregnancy history. In this case, the abdominal muscles separate, causing the appearance of the abdomen and middle region. As can be seen, these problems don’t make the appearance of the stomach the same as before, and the need for effective and practical surgeries such as abdominoplasty feel. The cost of the abdominoplasty procedure varies depending on factors such as the surgeon’s skill, the number of changes needed, and the hospital.
What is Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck?
Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck is a procedure that removes excess fat and skin from the abdomen and tightens the wall of the abdominal muscles, making you want to have a small and flat stomach. This operation is severe. To do this, you need to get enough information, measure your conditions, and not jump into the water.
Abdominoplasty is a procedure applied to people who have tried all other methods and failed. It is the last resort and should not use as a weight loss method.
Who are the ideal Candidates for Abdominoplasty?
Ideal candidates for abdominoplasty are people with significantly fat abdomen and flabby skin. They don’t lose weight with diet or regular exercise programs but are simultaneously suitable for other body parts. Especially in women who have had multiple pregnancies, their abdominal skin is tense, their abdominal muscles have lost their normal position, and their skin has lost its elasticity. We also recommend the abdominoplasty procedure in the elderly with obesity and recurrent weight loss.
On the other hand, those who decide to lose weight or plan to become pregnant should not have abdominoplasty or the Tummy Tuck procedure. During pregnancy and as a result of the growth of the fetus, these muscles diverge, and the abdomen remains open. Thus, it returns to the position before abdominoplasty.
With abdominoplasty, people can gain more self-confidence about their external appearance. However, it is better to discuss the expectations and concerns regarding the results of this surgery with the surgeon before the operation. This surgery applies to both women and men. For several reasons, you may experience excess belly fat, weakened skin elasticity, or weak connective tissue. These include:
- Significant changes and weight gain during pregnancy
- Abdominal surgeries such as cesarean section
- Body type has these problems genetically
- People who are overweight and have lost a significant amount of weight over some time
The surgeon can do this in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures such as breast surgery in women, and you can achieve better results. In some cases, abdominoplasty not recommend, and you should avoid Tummy Tuck surgery in these situations. These conditions include:
- Planning to become pregnant shortly
- Having a severe chronic disease such as heart disease, uncontrolled diabetes, or cirrhosis
- Having an abdominal surgery that creates a significant excess of skin
If you still want to lose much weight, you should wait for your weight to stabilize and reach an appropriate amount, and you should not perform abdominoplasty before that.
We strongly recommend that you consult with our surgical team to discuss various health issues before the abdominoplasty procedure in Turkey. Our surgeon would also like to talk about your medical history. This includes:
- Previous surgeries
- Medical conditions
- Current medications and vitamins
- All supplements taken
- Any sensitivity
Our surgical team evaluates several factors before selecting the appropriate procedures. First, the attachment and quality of your skin are used as determinants of the cut, length, and pattern. Before the abdominoplasty, the surgeon will ask you if you have had a laboratory test. You may also ask if you have taken certain medications or treatments before or if you have taken aspirin or other drugs, as they may increase bleeding during surgery. Our surgical team will give you the necessary information about the day of surgery, the use of anesthesia, and post-operative care. We tailor the surgical procedure to your needs and physical characteristics.
What are the Risks of Abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty procedure in Turkey has complications like other surgeries. Check out the most critical risks of abdominoplasty procedure in Turkey:
- Fluid accumulation under the skin (seroma): Drainage tubes placed under the skin after abdominoplasty significantly reduce the possibility of excess fluid accumulation under the skin. In addition, the doctor can manually remove these fluids using special needles and syringes.
- Infection: In some cases, the areas along the incision line don’t heal well or begin to separate, causing many problems such as infection. Therefore, the doctor uses antibiotics to reduce disease risk during and after surgery.
- Decreased skin sensation: Due to the changes made by the tissues during abdominoplasty, the nerves in the abdomen and, in rare cases, the upper parts of the thigh are affected. You may experience decreased sensation or numbness in these areas. This numbness usually clears up after a few months.
- One of the most common side effects of abdominoplasty surgery is narrowing the new belly button. Over time, it limits due to the contraction of the umbilical wound. One of the best treatments is putting fat gas on the belly button.
- Another complication of aesthetic surgery performed for the beauty of the abdomen, which is, unfortunately, the most severe complication, is the darkening of the abdominal skin (necrosis), especially near the incision area.
- Another side effect of surgery for the beauty of the abdomen is abdominal asymmetry, high abdominal incision, and inappropriate navel position.
- It takes about 12 to 18 months for a scar to return to its standard shape. If the scar and stitches stretch, the skin is severely damaged, and sometimes minor surgery require in this area.
- Gastrointestinal ailments, such as constipation caused by anesthesia, may persist for two to four days, and the intestines may not function. In this case, it recommends using laxative syrups.
- Stretching of the wound, loosening of the sutures, and infection prolong the healing process of the damage.
- Decreased sensation in the surgical area increases the risk of injury with nails while scratching.
- Asymmetry of the skin scar or the amount of fat removed from each area is one of the possible complications.
- Damage to the body’s internal organs is also an infrequent complication of abdominal surgery caused by medical error.
- Decreased blood flow to the skin and necrosis of body tissue are also side effects of the abdominoplasty process.
How to Prepare for Abdominoplasty Procedure?
The first step you should take after you decide to have this surgery is to do the necessary research together with our expert and talented doctor. With so much information and analysis, you should consult our doctor and report your questions thoroughly.
Our surgeon will ask questions about your past and current medical problems, be ready. You should talk about the medications you have taken in the past or are currently using, and you should inform the doctor if you have had any surgery before. If you want weight loss to accompany your abdominoplasty surgery, you should consult your doctor in detail. In this regard, the doctor will probably ask you many questions about weight gain and loss. To determine treatment options, your doctor will examine your abdomen to assess your best course of action.
Let your doctor know your expectations. Explain in detail to your doctor why you want the abdominoplasty procedure and what changes you expect to see after the abdominoplasty. Be sure to thoroughly review all aspects of the process, such as benefits, side effects, and scars, and be fully aware of how you feel. It is necessary to consider that previous abdomen operations may limit the desired results of abdominoplasty surgery. If you are physically active and exercising, you should avoid heavy exercise for four to six weeks. Also, your doctor may give you a month’s rest to fully recover:
- Before the abdominoplasty procedure, the specialist will give you pre-operative instructions. Follow these instructions carefully to get the best results from your surgery.
- Wait until you reach your ideal weight, and then perform abdominoplasty.
- The person referred for Tummy Tuck surgery should be in relatively good physical health. Women who apply for this procedure should seek this treatment after giving birth or when they are no longer planning to have children to prevent further stretching of the abdominal muscles during pregnancy.
- Smoking can increase complications after abdominoplasty and delay healing. If you smoke, you must quit for a certain period determined by the doctor. Of course, just not smoking isn’t enough, and you should avoid all kinds of gum, nicotine patches, and electronic cigarettes at least two weeks before and two weeks after the operation.
- Make sure you get the correct and complete meals. Try not to eat a heavy diet before surgery because proper nutrition plays a vital role in recovery.
- As part of the pre-operative consultation, your doctor may ask you to stop taking certain medications and nutritional supplements for a certain period before and after the surgery. Don’t forget to inform your doctor about your medications, especially blood thinners.
How is the procedure of Abdominoplasty surgery?
Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck in Turkey is a type of surgery where an incision is made in the lower part of the abdomen first, but two incisions make in the stomach at the end. This procedure is very effective and fast. Take a closer look at the abdominoplasty procedure in Turkey:
Anesthesia is essential for any surgical procedure. You will receive general anesthesia for abdominoplasty, and you will have an extremely comfortable method.
- Incision and process
Our surgeon will first make an incision for the abdominoplasty. Usually, the surgeon makes this incision around the cesarean section. Thus, the doctor separates the abdominal skin from the underlying muscle. The surgeon then releases the skin on the top and sides up to the edge of the ribs and folds the loose muscles of the abdominal wall in the midline with the help of sutures with non-absorbable threads. The surgeon cuts off the excess skin in the abdomen and sutures the wound edges. At the end of this surgery, you will see two incisions, one in the lower part of the abdomen and the other around the navel. The additional incision is your natural navel and, contrary to most views, can be seen through a new hole in the skin of the abdomen.
The length of the incision in abdominal plastic surgery depends entirely on the patient’s characteristics, such as the sagging abdomen and the shape of the abdominal folds, which the person should look at in a sitting position. Because the incision length is at least as long as the skin fold formed in the lower part of the abdomen. Therefore, the incision length differs in different patients because the abdominal folds differ in other patients.
The scar area is completely covered and below the bikini line in abdominoplasty surgery. You should walk obliquely and limit physical activities for a while after the operation so that the surgery site doesn’t open. You should consider a 10 to the 14-day recovery period after the procedure. The result of abdominoplasty surgery in Turkey is permanent, and the only recommendation you should consider is to avoid significant weight fluctuations. In abdominal aesthetic surgery, tiny plastic tubes called drains to come out from the end of your wound and perform the job of removing subcutaneous secretions for the first few days.
What are the Advantages of Abdominoplasty?
The abdominoplasty procedure in Turkey is much more than plastic surgery. The only benefit of this complex surgery isn’t to flatten and beautify the abdominal region. The abdominoplasty procedure in Turkey has many advantages:
- Improving body shape: For most women, improving body shape is the sole reason for choosing abdominal surgery. Abdominoplasty surgery significantly improves the appearance of your abdomen. After the surgery, people are pleased after they see a smoother and tighter abdomen suitable for their natural body and weight. If you are struggling with excess belly fat and skin after pregnancy or significant weight loss, it is better to try this surgical procedure and get rid of excess belly fat and skin forever.
- Improved posture: In the abdominoplasty procedure, the core muscles of the abdomen stretch, in which case the developed muscles better support your spine. This is when the pressure on the rest of your body reduces, and your physical condition improves.
- Back pain relief: A good posture allows you to sit and stand easily. Back pain is one of the problems that can affect your sitting and standing. The Tummy Tuck procedure dramatically reduces the risk of developing back diseases.
- Hernia repair: A hernia is one of the most painful injuries that can happen to anyone. If you suffer from a specific type of hernia (abdominal hernia), abdominoplasty is considered a viable option for repairing it, reducing pain, and preventing its regrowth. By tightening the abdominal muscles and strengthening the abdominal wall with abdominoplasty, you can significantly prevent tissue from breaking the abdominal barriers and greatly reduce hernia recurrence. In general, abdominal surgery isn’t considered a suitable method for hernia repair but combined with hernia repair surgery; it can effectively prevent hernia recurrence.
- You can do sports movements more easily: You can do sports movements more efficiently with a tighter abdomen and the weight you lost from this surgery. Therefore, it is easier to maintain your weight than before the surgery.
- Getting rid of cesarean section scars: If you are one of the thousands of women who have had a cesarean section, the wounds may be disturbing. In abdominoplasty surgery, old spots remove along with excess skin, or new scars create on top of old scars. When old scars are integrated into Tummy Tuck incisions, the chances of healing and disappearance increase.
How is the recovery After Abdominoplasty surgery?
The first days after abdominoplasty are difficult for many. After the abdominoplasty, you will go to your restroom, be semi-lying, and your legs will be up. This is necessary to minimize skin tension on the abdomen. When you finally recover from the anesthetic, you may experience nausea and dizziness, which subsides within a few hours:
- You will be able to stand on the second day after abdominoplasty. However, the surgeon will only allow you to walk in a semi-bent position. In addition, the surgeon does the first dressing. After the abdominoplasty procedure, your abdomen is tight and uncomfortable when pressed. Because the process affects the muscle tissue and takes time to recover, there is no severe pain; high-tech drugs can minimize discomfort after surgery. Therefore, the doctor may prescribe a course of antibiotics or painkillers.
- After Tummy Tuck, the incisions and belly button are closed with surgical dressings. Sometimes, small tubes may be placed along the incision site to drain excess blood or fluid. Our care team will help you start walking the first day after Tummy Tuck surgery. Walking lowers the likelihood of blood clots by a high percentage.
- Note that the presence of swelling at the surgical site is regular and will subside after a few days. Drains may remain in place for several days after surgery. Therefore, our doctor and another care team member will show you how to remove and care for drains.
- It is best to continue taking antibiotics while the drains are in place and significantly reduce the chance of infection. The surgeon may also prescribe blood thinners for a short time after abdominal surgery. About six weeks after this surgery, use tight-fitting clothing and underwear to support the abdomen. Wearing a tight dress prevents fluid from accumulating under the stomach’s skin and helps the stomach heal faster during recovery. Also, the doctor will teach you how to care for the wound. It would be best to be careful about the movement for the first six weeks after abdominoplasty. It is better to adjust your physical examination hours and go to the doctor on time for examinations.
When Will You See Abdominoplasty Results?
Abdominoplasty results in Turkey; the overall result is a flatter and firmer abdomen that will be more compatible with your body weight. Immediately after the abdominoplasty procedure, your final results may not be visible at first due to excessive swelling; but after one to two weeks, you can see the desired result. However, it takes weeks or even months to see the quality of the final results.
Your plastic surgeon may want you to wear an elastic bandage or compression garment to minimize swelling and keep your abdomen in place until it heals. Your surgeon will also guide you on how to sit or lie down for less pain. With the help of intense exercise, you should lose weight in four to six weeks since you are recovering, taking a break for a month after the abdominoplasty is better so that the recovery and results are conclusive. Your plastic surgeon will help you achieve an appropriate recovery based on your situation.
What are the costs for Abdominoplasty surgery?
Abdominoplasty costs in Turkey vary completely according to many factors. For example, many factors such as surgical facilities, anesthesia, materials, techniques, surgeon, and surgeons’ teams influence the cost of Tummy Tuck in Turkey.
You can contact us for exact abdominoplasty prices and ask our experts any questions you may have. We look forward to meeting with you, and the exchange awaits you.