Duration of surgery
Duration of hospitalization
Length of stay in hotel
Tracheal shave, or Adam’s apple reduction, is a standard procedure for a type of facial feminization surgery. It is one of the simple methods for facial feminization surgery; our surgeons perform the process quickly under general anesthesia.
During adolescence, people go through many physical changes. These changes include enlargement of the larynx (vocal cord). The anterior thyroid gland, which surrounds the larynx in men, expands outward, forming an area known as Adam’s apple. Women also experience changes in their vocal folds during puberty. The degree of enlargement of the larynx in women isn’t as pronounced as in men.
For this reason, most women don’t have Adam’s apple. In some women, increased testosterone, which is also responsible for other physical changes such as body hair, can result in a larger throat. The Adam’s apple has no medical function, but your throat does. Varnish protects your vocal cords.
Having Adam’s apple doesn’t mean that you can perform functions such as speaking and making sounds better than someone who doesn’t have Adam’s apple. It just means that your throat is slightly larger. The Adam’s apple is a protrusion on the front of the thyroid gland. It is responsible for metabolic functions in your body. Like other changes in the body, Adam’s apple doesn’t appear overnight. If you experience changes in your voice, such as occasional cracking, it may mean that your throat is adjusting to the growth process. Some people have more giant Adam’s apples than others. Some people develop more cartilage around their vocal cords or have a larger voice box.
However, there are very effective surgical options to shrink Adam’s apple. Tracheal shave or chondrolaryngoplasty in Turkey is an effective surgical procedure that you can choose to reduce the size of an Adam’s apple, which looks large. This procedure generally prefers by transgender women who want to reduce the size of Adam’s apple that bothers them.
Also, anyone who wants to shrink their Adam’s apple can apply for this procedure. This unique procedure involves the aesthetic reduction of the excess thyroid cartilage. Adam’s apple reduction in Turkey is an extensive surgery that will heal. Rare side effects include weakness of vocal abilities and subsequent voice changes.
What is Tracheal Shave (Adam’s Apple Reduction)?
Tracheal shaving is a crucial facial feminization type procedure. Mainly trans women and non-binary people who want their faces to look more feminine prefer this procedure. A large Adam’s apple is an apparent male secondary sex characteristic. Tracheal shaving will liberate and empower people transitioning from male to female.
Tracheal shaving in Turkey is an outpatient surgical procedure where specialists generally prefer general anesthesia. Specialists do this procedure to reduce the size of the laryngeal protrusion, which locate above the thyroid gland in the middle of the throat. Our method for the tracheal shaving method in general:
- Open technique: In this technique, specialists make a little or horizontal incision between the neck and chin to hide any possible scarring. Surgeons will then cut the cartilage of Adam’s apple and reduce the height of Adam’s apple as much as possible. After this procedure, the specialists will suture from the inside using absorbable sutures. In addition, the doctors make the stitches externally with a sterile strip. This procedure takes about 1-2 hours.
Generally, during the tracheal shaving phase, specialists remove the thyroid cartilage from the anterior part of the larynx. The role of the thyroid cartilage is to protect the vocal cords from injury or stress. In people assigned as male at birth, hormones such as testosterone increase the size and volume of the larynx and thyroid cartilage during puberty. During this time, the vocal cords lengthen. These changes cause a deepening of the voice. They also cause a raised lump at the front of the throat. It helps to make the whole face look more feminine, as this swelling usually doesn’t develop during puberty in people assigned as female at birth.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for Tracheal Shave?
Unlike other procedures, the requirements for an excellent tracheal trachea candidate aren’t exhaustive. Men and women with a visible laryngeal protrusion (Adam’s apple), who are physically healthy, and have realistic expectations, discussed in detail with their doctor, may opt for this surgery.
In general, tracheal shaving is a surgical procedure preferred by surgeons to reduce the size of Adam’s apple, typically in transgender people who transition from male to female. Ideal candidates for a tracheal shave in Turkey are trans women who have a larger-than-average Adam’s apple and feel shy or uncomfortable about it. Cisgender men with a prominent Adam’s apple and similar feelings of self-awareness or discomfort may also opt for the procedure.
It is important to note that the procedure isn’t medically necessary and should only do for cosmetic reasons. It is also essential that candidates have a thorough consultation with our qualified surgeons before deciding on the procedure.
What Happens at the Tracheal Shave Consultation?
During a tracheal shaving consultation in Turkey, our surgeon typically begins by discussing your goals and expectations for the procedure. Our doctor will also ask about your medical history and current medications. The surgeon will then examine your neck and Adam’s apple to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
Our doctor will also explain in detail the risks and potential complications of the procedure, as well as what to expect during your recovery period. During this process, you will discuss different surgical techniques with the doctor, and our specialist will help you decide which method is best for you. At this stage, ask your questions openly and be honest with the surgeon about your expectations and goals for the procedure.
What are the Tracheal Shave Risks?
Like every procedure, tracheal shaving in Turkey is a surgical procedure that carries some risks and potential complications. Check out some of the most common risks and complications associated with the process:
- Bleeding: As with any surgical procedure, there is a minimal risk of bleeding in this procedure. However, this risk is low and can usually control with stitches or pressure.
- Infection: There is a minor disease risk; you can reduce this risk by taking antibiotics as prescribed by the surgeon.
- Scarring: The incision area may leave a small scar. However, this is usually small, and the surgeon hides the spot well in the neck crease.
- Nerve damage: There is a small risk of damage to the nerves that control the vocal cords, which can cause hoarseness or difficulty speaking.
- Unsatisfactory results: Although very rare, you may not be satisfied with the surgery results due to different expectations or the operation not giving the desired result. Therefore, you should clearly explain your expectations and goals to the surgeon.
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia: As with any surgical procedure, there is a risk of adverse reaction to anesthesia.
- Asymmetry: Sometimes, Adam’s apple may not be symmetrically after surgery.
It is essential to discuss these risks and possible complications with the surgeon before deciding on the procedure. It is also necessary to carefully follow the surgeon’s instructions during the recovery period to minimize the risk of complications.
How to Prepare for Tracheal Shave Procedure?
By preparing for the procedure correctly, you can avoid many risks. The doctor will perform a physical examination for this procedure. In addition, the specialist will ask you to pass several diagnostic tests to determine if you are healthy enough for surgery. These include an electrocardiogram (ECG) and blood tests. Check out some steps that can help you prepare for a tracheal shaving procedure in Turkey:
- Get a medical evaluation: The surgeon will also evaluate your general health and medical history to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
- Quit smoking: If you are a smoker, you must quit smoking at least a few weeks before the procedure, as this substance can increase the risk of complications.
- Avoid certain medications: You should avoid taking certain medications, such as blood thinners, at least two weeks before the procedure.
- Follow pre-operative instructions: The surgeon will give specific instructions on preparing for the procedure, including when to stop eating and drinking before the procedure.
- Consider the risks and benefits carefully: Before deciding on the process, consider the risks and benefits.
- Be honest with the surgeon: It is essential, to be honest with the surgeon about his goals and expectations for treatment.
These steps can help ensure a safe and successful procedure and a smooth recovery.
What is the Procedure for Tracheal Shave?
We use the latest technological devices and techniques for this procedure. In addition, our specialists perform the process endoscopically. Endoscopic tracheal shaving is a surgical procedure preferred by our specialists to reduce the size of Adam’s apple in transgender individuals. Check out the tracheal shave procedure steps in Turkey:
Our specialists will give you general anesthesia during the procedure to ensure the process is comfortable and painless. Thus, you will not remember anything and will have an extremely pleased approach.
Our surgeon will make a small incision in your neck crease. The doctor will insert an endoscope (a thin, flexible tube with a camera at the end) into the neck through this incision.
- Removal of excess tissue
The endoscope will allow the surgeon to view the inside of the neck and locate the thyroid cartilage (Adam’s apple). Using special tools, the surgeon will remove excess tissue to reduce the size of Adam’s apple.
The specialist will then close the incision with stitches or staples. You will need to stay in the hospital for a while to recover from the anesthesia and monitor for complications. The doctor will give you antibiotics and pain medication to aid recovery.
The procedure usually takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to complete, and recovery time varies from person to person. However, your total recovery usually takes a few weeks. It is important to note that the procedure isn’t medically necessary and should only do for cosmetic reasons. As with any surgical procedure, some risks and potential complications associated with endoscopic tracheal shaving are infrequent.
How is the Recovery After Tracheal Shave?
Recovery time after Adam’s apple reduction in Turkey varies from person to person but usually takes 1-2 weeks. Check out the recovery process after a tracheal shave in Turkey:
- Pain and swelling: You may feel pain and swelling in your neck area for the first few days after the procedure. The surgeon will prescribe pain medication to help manage the pain.
- Strict bed rest: You must avoid strenuous activity for at least the first week after surgery and keep your head elevated to reduce swelling.
- Incision care: Keep your incision area clean and dry to prevent infection. It would be best to avoid showering or bathing for the first few days after surgery.
- Follow-up appointments: You will need to follow up with the surgeon within a week of surgery to ensure proper healing and remove any stitches or staples.
- Vocal cord care: It is important to avoid talking or shouting for at least the first week after surgery to prevent stretching of the vocal cords that can cause hoarseness or difficulty speaking.
- Medications: Our doctor will prescribe antibiotics to prevent infection and pain medications from helping manage pain or discomfort. You should use these drugs as recommended by our doctor.
- Return to normal activities: You can return to normal activities after a few weeks, but you should avoid heavy exercises for at least four weeks after surgery. The final results of the procedure may not appear immediately and may take several months to understand fully.
It is imperative to carefully follow the surgeon’s instructions during the recovery period to minimize the risk of complications and ensure proper healing. The surgeon will also give instructions on caring for the incision site and what to do if any complications arise.
When Will You See Tracheal Shave Results?
You may not immediately see the results of tracheal shaving or Adam’s apple reduction procedure in Turkey. It may take several months before you fully understand the consequences. You will notice a reduction in the size of Adam’s apple, but the final result will depend on your body and the amount of tissue the doctor has removed.
During recovery, you will experience swelling and bruising in your problematic area. This can make it difficult for you to see the final results. It’s essential to be patient and allow time for the swelling to subside and for the incision to heal properly. It may take several months to realize the final results of the procedure thoroughly. It is important to remember that while the process may reduce the size of Adam’s apple, it may not altogether remove it. It is also essential to have realistic expectations for the procedure results and understand that the final results may not be precisely the patient envisioned.
How Much Does a Tracheal Shave Cost?
Tracheal shaving or Adam’s apple reduction cost in Turkey depends on many factors. The price of tracheal shave in Turkey may vary depending on several factors, including:
- Location: The cost of the procedure may vary depending on the location of the surgery center or clinic. The price is usually higher in large cities or densely populated areas.
- Surgeon’s fees: The price of the procedure will also depend on the surgeon’s fees. Surgeons with more experience and a higher level of expertise will often charge more for the system.
- Additional costs: The procedure will also depend on other expenses such as anesthesia, hospital fees, and post-operative care.
It’s essential to keep in mind that these are rough estimates, and the final cost will depend on you and your specific needs. It is crucial to get a detailed quote from the surgeon during the consultation and to consider the cost carefully before deciding on the procedure. However, Adam’s apple reduction price in Turkey is at least four times lower than in other countries such as the UK, US, Germany, Netherlands, and France.
We do the best tracheal shaving or Adam’s apple reduction in Turkey. Together with our experienced and qualified surgeons in this field for many years, we offer you the highest quality service using the latest technologies. We work to achieve the best results in each case, with a unique perspective for you. Our agency does our best for your safety and comfort and meets all your needs.
We also offer reasonable prices and help you with financing options. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information on tracheal shaving or Adam’s apple reduction. We are here to offer you the best service.