Duration of surgery
Duration of hospitalization
Length of stay in hotel
Specialists use nasal silicone implants to reshape or enlarge the nose in rhinoplasty procedures. However, in some cases, these implants may cause problems such as infection, extrusion, or dissatisfaction with the aesthetic result. In these cases, the silicone nose implant may need to remove.
Our surgeons usually removal of nasal silicone implants and recovery surgery in Turkey under general anesthesia, which may take several hours depending on the complexity of the procedure. The surgeon will make incisions either inside or outside the nose, depending on the location of the implant. The specialist removes the implant and any remaining silicone material from the area.
After removing the silicone implant, the surgeon can reshape the nose using cartilage grafts from other body parts. The specialist can take these grafts, for example, from the rib, septum or the ear. Removal of nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery is a surgical procedure that involves removing a previously placed nasal implant made of silicone. Recovery from this surgery depends on several factors, including the extent of the surgery, the type of anesthesia used, and the patient’s general health.
After surgery, patients can expect discomfort, swelling, and bruising around the nose and eyes. Pain medications and cold compresses can help manage these symptoms. Patients should also avoid strenuous activities for several days and not blow their noses or wear glasses for several weeks. It is essential to carefully follow the surgeon’s post-operative instructions to ensure proper healing and minimize the risk of complications. In some cases, additional procedures may require to achieve the desired aesthetic result. The surgeon may also recommend using a saline spray or other nasal irrigation techniques to help keep the nasal passages clean and moist during the healing process.
Patients must follow the surgeon’s post-operative instructions to ensure a safe and successful recovery. The surgeon will also schedule follow-up appointments to monitor healing and address any concerns or complications that may arise. As with any surgical procedure, there are potential risks and complications associated with the removal of a nasal silicon implant and recovery surgery. These include bleeding, infection, scarring, sensory changes, and damage to surrounding tissues. Patients should discuss these risks with our surgeon before undergoing the procedure.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for the Removal of Nasal Silicone Implant and Recovery Surgery?
Specialists use silicone nose implants to change the shape and size of the nose, often in rhinoplasty (nose surgery). However, in some cases, surgeons may need to remove these implants. Ideal candidates for removal of nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery in Turkey include:
- Patients experiencing complications: Complications from nasal silicone implants include infection, implant displacement, and extrusion. Patients experiencing any of these complications may undergo the removal of nasal silicone implants and recovery surgery.
- Patients dissatisfied with rhinoplasty results: In some cases, patients may be dissatisfied with rhinoplasty results and may want their implants removed.
- Patients with autoimmune disorders: Patients with autoimmune diseases such as lupus or scleroderma may be at higher risk for complications from silicone nasal implants and may need removal.
- Patients with nasal trauma: If a patient has experienced trauma such as a fracture to the nose, the silicone implant may need to remove to repair the damage.
- Patients wishing to switch to a different type of implant: Some patients may want to change to a different kind of implant, such as a cartilage implant, and the silicone implants may need to remove first.
Patients considering the removal of nasal silicone implants and recovery surgery in Turkey should talk to our surgeon to discuss the procedure’s options, potential risks, and complications.
What Awaits You in the Removal of the Nasal Silicone Implant and Recovery Surgery Consultation?
Suppose you are considering the removal of a nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery. In that case, you should schedule a consultation with our experienced surgeon, who can assess your situation and suggest the best course of action.
During the removal of nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery consultation in Turkey, the surgeon will likely ask about your medical history, review previous surgeries or treatments, and perform a physical examination of your nose. The surgeon may also take photographs or use computer imaging software to help you visualize possible outcomes.
The surgeon will discuss the removal process with you, including possible risks and potential complications. The doctor will also explain what to expect during recovery, including careful monitoring for swelling, bruising, or other side effects and follow-up appointments to ensure proper healing.
Being open and honest with your surgeon about your concerns and expectations about the surgery is essential. This will help you achieve the best possible outcome and overall positive experience. In terms of recovery, the length of time will depend on the extent of removal of the nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery and how quickly you recover.
In general, recovery time can take up to several weeks. During this time, you may experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort that can be relieved with pain medication prescribed by your surgeon. You may also need to wear a splint or cast on your nose for a week or two to support your nose and hold it in place as it heals. It is essential to carefully follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions to ensure a smooth and successful recovery.
What are the Risks of Removal of Nasal Silicone Implant and Recovery Surgery?
Removal of nasal silicone implants and recovery surgery in Turkey is a complex procedure that requires careful planning and execution. It would be best to decide on this procedure after carefully considering the risks and benefits and thoroughly discussing it with your surgeon. Check out some of the risks of removal of nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery in Turkey in general:
- Infection: There is always a risk of disease when a foreign body enters the body. If a condition occurs, the surgeon may need to re-remove the implant.
- Bleeding: Removal of nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery may cause bleeding that may be difficult to control. This may require additional surgical intervention to stop the bleeding.
- Scarring: This process can cause scarring that you can see on the outside of the nose.
- Changes in nose shape: Surgeon removal of an implant can cause changes in nose shape.
- Anesthesia risks: Any surgical procedure that requires anesthesia carries risks, such as an allergic reaction, nausea, or difficulty breathing.
- Pain and discomfort: There may be pain and discomfort after the surgery that you can relieve with pain medication.
- Recovery time: It may take several weeks for the nose to heal after implant removal surgery, and you should avoid heavy activities and certain medications during this time.
It would be best to discuss these risks with your surgeon and carefully follow your surgeon’s instructions to minimize the risk of complications. Your surgeon may also recommend some pre-operative preparations, such as quitting smoking or avoiding certain medications that can increase the risk of bleeding or other complications. In addition, the surgeon will provide instructions for post-operative care, such as wound care and pain management. It is essential to follow these instructions carefully to ensure a smooth and speedy recovery.
How Do You Prepare for the Removal of Nasal Silicone Implant and Recovery Surgery?
Suppose you are considering the removal of a nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery in Turkey. You must take specific steps to prepare for the surgery and ensure a successful recovery. Check out some tips to help you prepare for surgery:
- To have a better recovery process, you should pay attention to the preparation stage for the surgery.
- It would be best if you didn’t take blood thinners such as aspirin about two weeks before the removal of the nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery in Turkey.
- Smoking and nicotine cause the narrowing of blood vessels and impaired blood circulation. Therefore, avoid consuming them at least two weeks before the removal of the nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery.
- Drink enough water the night before surgery.
- Avoid eating and drinking six hours before the operation unless your surgeon tells you otherwise.
- Take a shower the day before the procedure. It helps you relax and clean the body from all cosmetics, lotions, and creams.
- Don’t carry jewelry with you on the day of the operation. Bring your tests and medical records with you on the day of surgery.
- Inform your surgeon about any medical conditions, allergies, and any medications you take, including supplements and over-the-counter medicines.
- Your surgeon will provide instructions for post-operative care, such as wound care and pain management. It is essential to follow these instructions carefully to ensure a quick and successful recovery.
In general, recovery after the removal of nasal silicone implants and recovery surgery in Turkey may take several weeks. You will need to avoid strenuous activities and certain medications during this time. Your surgeon will provide detailed instructions on how to care for your nose during this time, including any necessary medications or follow-up appointments. Be sure to ask your questions before the surgery, so you know what to expect and can plan accordingly.
Removal of Nasal Silicone Implant and Recovery Surgery Steps
Removal of nasal silicone implants and recovery surgery is a surgical procedure that requires careful planning and practice. As mentioned above, the first step in the process is consultation with our surgeon, who has experience removing nasal implants. During the consultation, the surgeon will evaluate your medical history, examine your nose, and discuss the options for removing the implant. If the surgeon determines you are a good candidate for the procedure, they will give you instructions on preparing. This may include stopping certain medications, quitting smoking, and avoiding food and drink before the surgery. In general, closely follow the steps of removal of nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery in Turkey:
The procedure typically requires general anesthesia, which means you will be completely unconscious and not feel any pain during the surgery.
To access the implant, the surgeon will make an incision through the nose or along the columella (skin between the nostrils). The specialist then carefully removes the implant and any surrounding scar tissue. At another stage, the surgeon may use your cartilage grafts to help reshape the nose. Thus, you will be able to regain your nose before the implants.
In the final step, the surgeon will aesthetically close the incision with stitches after removing the implant and making the necessary adjustments. After the surgery, our surgeon will monitor you closely in a recovery room until the effects of the anesthesia wear off. The surgeon will give you pain medications, antibiotics, and instructions on how to care for your nose during the recovery period. It is essential to avoid blowing your nose, strenuous activities, and exposure to sunlight during this time.
Recovery time can vary depending on the extent of the surgery and how well you follow the post-operative instructions. You can typically return to work within a few weeks, but it may take several months for your nose to heal fully and the swelling to subside. Following your surgeon’s instructions closely ensures a smooth and successful recovery.
Recovery Process After Removal of Nasal Silicone Implant and Recovery Surgery
The first 24 hours after the removal of nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery in Turkey is the most challenging period for your recovery. During this period, the effect of anesthetic drugs hasn’t yet passed. During this period, you may experience headaches, swelling, bruising, and nosebleeds. Resting and using the painkillers the doctor prescribes during this time is better. You need to follow other things to get a positive result from the surgery. Check out the recovery process after the removal of nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery in Turkey:
- Use liquid, mixed, and soft foods until the day after the procedure.
- Sneeze or cough with your mouth open to avoid putting pressure on your nose.
- Avoid laughing and talking too much for the first few weeks.
- Avoid pinching and pressing the nose, as it may cause bleeding.
- Apply cold compresses around the nose and under the eyes for at least a few days after surgery to reduce bruising and swelling.
- Avoid eating foods and fruits that require chewing, such as carrots and apples, for a while. Also, don’t consume too much salt, which will cause edema.
- Don’t neglect beneficial nutrients to reduce facial swelling.
- Use a soft toothbrush to brush your teeth.
- Please to put a few pillows under your head while resting and sleeping.
- It takes time for the skin from the nose to the skeleton to swell and reduce adhesion. Therefore, the swelling on both sides of your nose will look different, even if it is the same. Don’t worry, and all the symptoms will go away on their own in a short time.
- Don’t wear glasses or sunglasses for three months. Avoid heavy lifting and vigorous sports in the first weeks with your head down.
When Will You See the Results of the Removal of Nasal Silicone Implant and Recovery Surgery?
Many people decide to remove a silicone implant, often when the implant causes complications or aesthetic dissatisfaction. The recovery time after the doctor removes the silicone implant depends on several factors, including the surgery’s complexity and the person’s general health.
After surgery, you can expect some discomfort and swelling around the nose, which can be relieved with pain relievers and cold compresses. You may also experience bruising around the eyes. You should carefully follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions to reduce the risk of complications and promote optimal healing.
The results of the removal of nasal silicone implants and recovery surgery in Turkey are highly successful and will depend on the individual situation. If the silicone implant is causing complications such as infection, inflammation, or asymmetry, the surgeon removing it will help improve the appearance and function of the nose. However, in some cases, the surgeon removing the implant may leave the nose with a less defined shape or volume. This may require additional surgeries or treatments.
In general, the results of the removal of nasal silicon implants and recovery surgery will vary depending on the individual case and the skill of the surgeon performing the procedure. Having realistic expectations and discussing all possible outcomes with your surgeon before deciding to have surgery is essential.
How Much Does Removal of Nasal Silicone Implant and Recovery Surgery Cost?
Removal of nasal silicone implant and recovery surgery cost in Turkey varies depending on several factors, including the complexity of the surgery, the surgeon’s experience, geographic location, and the facility where the procedure performs. In addition to the surgery cost, factors such as pain medications, care, antibiotics, and post-operative visits with the surgeon during the recovery period can also affect the prices of the removal of nasal silicone implants and recovery surgery in Turkey. However, the costs in Turkey are almost four times lower than in other countries.
Suppose you are considering the removal of nasal silicone implants and recovery surgery in Turkey. In that case, we recommend scheduling a consultation with our surgeon, who can assess your situation and provide a detailed estimate of the costs involved. Our agency, iMed Medical, will be with you at every step of your treatment. We are waiting for you!